David Monnier joined Legal Advisors, Abdulaziz I. Al-Ajlan & Partners In Association with Baker McKenzie Limited in Riyadh in October 2014.
Mr. Monnier is active in advising both Saudi Arabian and foreign clients on a wide range of corporate, M&A, contractual and competition matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a Saudi Arabian investment company in connection with the reorganization of its dairy business with a French partner in the GCC.
- Acting for a multinational consumer goods company in relation to the preparation and filing of its merger control application with the Council of Competition for their contemplated acquisition of two renowned soap brands from an American multinational consumer goods company.
- Acting for a German insurance group in connection with its bid for the acquisition of an insurance business in the Middle East.
- Acting for a Saudi Arabian IT company in relation to the potential acquisition of an IT group in the Middle East.
- Acting for a Saudi Arabian company in connection with the potential acquisition of a minority stake in a Saudi Arabian oil distribution company.
- Assisting a foreign investor in connection with the USD300 million disposal of its stake in a Saudi Arabian oil distribution company.
- Acting for a Swiss food group in relation to its filing with the Council of Competition in connection with its USD11.85 billion acquisition of an entire global nutrition business.
- Acting for a Saudi Arabian state-owned oil company in the development, structuring and financing of a joint venture to build and operate a USD20 billion, global integrated refining and petrochemical complex in Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a governmental authority in connection with a proposed large-scale multi-billion dollar industrial venture in Saudi Arabia.
- Representing a Saudi Arabian state-owned oil company in connection with the USD1.3 billion merger of the fleet and operations of one of its wholly owned subsidiaries, with a third-party shipping company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- C.A.P.A. - Paris Bar School
- C.R.F.P.A. - Institute of Legal Studies of Paris I (La Sorbonne)
- Paris~France (2005)
- Paris Bar School (C.A.P.A.) (2005)
- Institute of Legal Studies of Paris - La Sorbonee (C.R.F.P.A.) (2003)
- Harvard Law School (Visiting Scholar) (2003)
- University of Aix-Marseille (DJCE International Section) (2002)
- University of Aix-Marseille (DESS Post Graduate Course International Business Law) (2002)
- University of Rennes (LL.M. International Business Law) (2001)
- University of Rennes (Licence) (2000)
- University of Rennes (DEUG) (1999)
- University of Rennes (Baccalaureate) (1996)
Baker & McKenzie Limited is a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.