Javier Méndez works with the Firm's M&A Practice Group in Madrid. His main fields of practice are M&A, joint ventures, private equity and general corporate law.
Javier focuses his practice on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, buy-outs, private equity and venture capital transactions. He advises companies operating in different industries, including energy (renewables and conventional), distribution, sports and technology.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Bain Capital on the acquisition of a Spanish company in the automotive sector.
- Advised BP on the acquisition of a network of service stations in Spain.
- Advised Abac Capital in several acquisition processes.
- Advised InfraRed Capital Partners on the acquisition of several solar projects in Spain.
- Advised Yanmar Holdings on its acquisition of a Spanish energy systems manufacturer, Himoinsa S.L.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association, Spain
- Madrid (2013)
- Carlos III University (Bachelor of Law and Business Administration)
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.