Luc Meeus is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Tax, Corporate Finance, Corporate Finance and Global Equity Services groups in Brussels. He focuses on fund structuring, private equity, equity-based compensation, and transactional tax planning. Mr. Meeus has been consistently mentioned as a Recommended Tax Lawyer in Legal 500 and other legal publications.
Mr. Meeus advises clients on the corporate and tax aspects of transactional work, with a specific focus on private equity, fund structuring and equity based compensation plans.
Representative Legal Matters
Advised Vendis Management BVBA on the structuring of the Vendis Capital II Comm.V. fund.
Advised TINC on its 2015 IPO Advising Re-Vive NV with the structuring of the Re-Vive Brownfield Fund II CVBA fund.
Advised Pension Fund Metaal on its investment as LP in the PMF Infrastructure Comm VA fund.
Advised KeBeK Management concerning the structuring of the KeBeK II fund.
Assisted the management of Bureau Van Dijk in its sale to EQT.
Advised CMOSIS on the sale of CMOSIS to TA Associates.
Advised Biocartis on its 2012, 2013 and 2014 fund raising and its 2015 IPO.
Professional Associations and Memberships
International Fiscal Association (IFA), Belgian branch - Member
Belgian Venturing Association
- Brussels~Belgium (1999)
- New York~United States (1998)
- Fiscale Hogeschool of Brussels (Post Graduate Degree Tax) (1999)
- New York University (LL.M. International Taxation) (1997)
- Catholic University of Leuven (Law Degree) (1996)
- Georg August University Gottingen (Law Degree) (1995)
- Facultés University Notre Dame de la Paix Namur (Law Degree) (1993)
- Washington, DC