Marco Marazzi is a partner in the Corporate M&A Practice Group of Baker McKenzie Italy.
Marco’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial law and mergers and acquisitions. Over his 25 years of experience, Marco has advised on a variety of legal matters related to such projects, including technology licensing and real estate issues. Marco is also very active in advising clients on private and public M&A transactions, with particular focus on the manufacturing sector and financial services. He is fluent in English and Mandarin. After over 18 years in China as a lawyer, Marco returned to Italy in 2012 and advises regularly a number of foreign investors on their projects in Europe.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Teco Electric & Machinery, a large Taiwan-based public company, in the EUR 186 million acquisition of Motovario S.p.A.
- Advising a Chinese precision machinery manufacturer on the acquisition of a machinery manufacturer in Italy.
- Advising Jinjiang Hotels on the acquisition of Group Louvre.
- Advising a leading Italian fashion brand on the acquisition of franchisees’ business over 20 jurisdictions.
- Assisting a Shanghai-listed company on the acquisition of an Italian cables manufacturer.
- Advising a Chinese multinational on a JV project in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a Jiangsu investor in the acquisition of several production assets in Italy.
- Advising Mobike in the establishment of its operations in Italy.
- Advising a US multinational in the reorganization of its business worldwide covering over 40 countries.
- Advising Cementir Holding on the acquisition of cement assets and companies in Belgium and France.
- Advising a Hong Kong investor on the takeover of a French luxury brand.
- Advising Natuzzi SpA in the establishment of a trade and distribution joint venture with Kuka Furniture for a value of EUR 65 million.
- Leading Lawyer Corporate/M&A (Foreign Experts), Italy, Chambers Global, 2018
- Leading Lawyer, Corporate/M&A, China, Chambers Global, 2009-2013
- Leading Lawyer, Corporate/M&A, Chambers Asia, 2009-2013
- Leading Lawyer Insurance: Contentious (International Firms), China, Chambers Asia, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rome Bar Association
- Italy (1999)
- Tufts University (M.A. International Law and Diplomacy) (2008)
- University of Rome (J.D.) (1996)
- University of Rome (Political Science Degree) (1992)
- Hong Kong
Studio Professionale Associato a Baker & McKenzie is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.