Janet has advised clients on various legislative and regulatory initiatives directly impacting the telecommunications sector, including legislation pertaining to consumer protection, interception and monitoring, data privacy and cyber security. She has also assisted clients in the drafting and negotiation of a wide range of telecoms contracts, including interconnection and facilities leasing agreements, colocation agreements, service agreements, roaming agreements, satellite transponder lease agreements, network sharing agreements and network build and roll out agreements. She has also been involved in a number of major telecoms and IT outsourcing transactions.
Media, Broadcasting and Entertainment
Janet has extensive expertise in the media, broadcasting and entertainment sector and has advised clients on various contractual arrangements pertaining to the acquisition and distribution of content on broadcast and digital platforms and on all regulatory aspects pertaining to the media, broadcasting and entertainment sectors.
- Recognised as a leading lawyer in South Africa by Chambers Global.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces - Member
- Notary Public (1993)
- South Africa (1992)
- University of the Witwatersrand (LL.M. Telecommunications, Media and Broadcasting) (2001)
- University of the Witwatersrand (LL.B.) (1988)
- University of the Witwatersrand (B.A. English & Industrial Psychology) (1985)