Chaveewan Likhitwattanachai has been a partner in the Bangkok office since 2006. A member of the Banking & Finance Practice Group, her work focuses on acquisition, project, real estate and corporate financing, infrastructure funds, REIT, general banking and finance, and debt capital markets. Her work for Thailand's top companies has been recognized by several leading legal directories.
Ms. Likhitwattanachai is a regular speaker for The Asian Business Forum, commercial banks and major corporates in Thailand, on various topics related to project and acquisition financing, banking and finance, infrastructure fund and REIT transactions.
Ms. Likhitwattanachai’s strength is her detailed knowledge of Thailand’s capital markets. She has negotiated and drafted all types of complex financing and securities documentation, for a wide range of high-profile projects for both syndicated lenders and borrowers. She has been involved in several bond and debt offerings, infrastructure fund and REIT transactions, both local and international. Early in her practice, the Thai financial crisis gave her the opportunity to work for creditors and debtors in restructuring, bankruptcy and rehabilitation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for True Move H Universal Communication Co., Ltd., a major Thai mobile service provider, to finance licence fees for 1800 MHz and 900 MHz in the form of letters of guarantee amounting to approximately THB21 billion and THB73 billion, respectively.
- Acting for Kasikorn Asset Management Co., Ltd. a trustee of the Golden Ventures Leasehold Real Estate Investment Trust, to finance acquisition of leasehold rights of the Park Ventures Ecoplex Project and Sathorn Square Project to establish the Golden Ventures Leasehold Real Estate Investment Trust.
- Acting for KASIKORNBANK Public Co. Ltd. and Mizuho Bank Nederland N.V. in the financing provided to CPF NETHERLANDS B.V. to acquire shares in LLC STESHA, which holds shares in CJSC Poultry Production Severnaya and CJSC Poultry Production Severnaya.
- Acting for FS JV Co Limited, a joint venture company of S Hotels and Resort (UK) Ltd., and Fico Holding (UK) Ltd., to acquire all shares in Jupiter Hotel Holdings Ltd., owner of a portfolio of 26 Mercure-branded hotels in the UK. Acquisition financing was provided by Krung Thai Bank Public Co. Ltd.
- Acting for The Siam Commercial Bank Public Co. Ltd. in providing financing to WHA Corp. Public Co. Ltd. and its subsidiary, for the acquisition of shares in Hemaraj Land and Development Public Co. Ltd. through a public tender offer process.
- Acting for Pace Development Corp. Public Co. Ltd. in acquisition financing from The Siam Commercial Bank Public Co. Ltd., for the merger and acquisition of shares in Dean & Deluca, Inc.
- Leading Lawyer in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, IFLR1000, 2016
- Leading Lawyer in Banking & Finance, Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2016
- Up and coming Lawyer and Noble Practitioner in Banking & Finance, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2015-2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (1998)
- Cornell Law School (LL.M.) (1997)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B., First Class Honors) (1995)