Joost is an associate in our Intellectual Property, Information Technology & Communications and Commercial practice groups and based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. He specializes in commercial and intellectual property law.
Joost has ample experience in commercial contracting, including drafting and negotiating distribution, agency, supply chain, and IP license agreements. He further assist international clients in Commercial and IP heavy transactional work.
Representative Legal Matters
- Performing comprehensive legal Tech, IP and Commercial due diligence work in various transactions
- Draft, negotiate and advise multinational clients on (international) commercial contracts including distribution, agency, supply chain, and IP license agreements as well as general terms and conditions
- Advise clients on clearing, enforcing and defending their IP rights, including IP litigation
- Assisting (inter)national clients in IP and Commercial Contracts heavy transactional work, including performing due diligences and post-closing transactional work
- Advise clients on marketing and advertising law, including use of claims
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2020)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (LL.M. Private Law) (2019)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (LL.B. Dutch Law) (2017)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.