Mr. Krairiksh has exceptional knowledge and experience in the forms of EPC contracts used for projects across a wide range of industry sectors and is also qualified to provide advice in relation to FIDIC contracts. He has advised on several of Thailand's highest-profile energy projects, including the development of Thailand's first LNG terminal and its subsequent Third Party Access Code and Terminal Use Agreement. He has been recommended in Projects and Energy by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
With more than a decade of aviation sector experience, Mr. Krairiksh also has the insight and comprehensive expertise to handle any aspect of a major aircraft financing in Thailand, including ECA financing, operating leases, finance leases, and French finance leases. He has in-depth knowledge of Thailand's aviation regulatory framework as prescribed by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT), including registration and deregistration of aircrafts and the rules and regulations with respect to doing business as an aircraft operator.
Representative Legal Matters
Project Development and Financing
- Acting for Bangkok Synthetics in the development of its production facility expansion project located at Map Ta Phut, Rayong and also EPC work for the expansion of their C4 value chain production facility, including diversification into the production of butadiene.
- Acting for a major Thai petrochemical manufacturing company on the project development and financing, including the preparation of the invitation to bid documents and drafting the EPC, of the expansion project of their existing petrochemical plant in Rayong.
- Acting for PTT LNG in relation to the Terminal Use Agreement for the Map Ta Phut LNG Receiving Terminal.
- Drafting the Third Party Access Code for the Map Ta Phut LNG Receiving Terminal pursuant to the government's policy for third-party access.
- Acting for PTT LNG in the development of the first LNG receiving terminal in Thailand, including the EPC for an LNG terminal and the dredging and terminal use agreement.
- Acting for PPTC and SSUT in the development and financing, including drafting and negotiation of EPC contracts, of two power projects under the Small Power Producer (SPP) program including: (1) a 120 MW natural gas co-generation power project and ancillary facilities located in Lat Krabang Industrial Estate, Minburi, and (2) a 120 MWx2 natural gas co-generation power project located in Bang Poo Industrial Estate, Samut Prakan province.
- Acting for the syndicate of international and local financial institutions on the project development and financing of the 1,400 MW Khaeng Khoi 2 gas-fired power plant in Thailand, owned by Gulf Power Generation.
- Acting for BLCP Power in the development and financing of its USD 1.2 billion 1,400 MW coal-fired power project in Thailand, which included loans from Thai banks, offshore banks, ADB, and JBIC. Awarded Asiamoney’s Project Finance Deal of the Year in 2003.
- Acting for developers in negotiating concession agreements for various projects in Lao PDR.
- Acting for Winchai in the development and financing of a 45 MW wind farm power plant located in Mukdahan province, including handling the EPC and O&M contracts, and negotiating the financing terms.
- Acting for Vintage Engineering in the development and construction of an approximately 220 MW solar power plant in Minbu, Myanmar, including a turnkey EPC contract.
Aircraft Purchase and Operating Leases
- Acting for Thai Airways in the financing of four A380 Aircraft through ECA financing.
- Acting for Thai Airways in the negotiation of the general terms agreement for an aircraft purchase with Airbus S.A.S and the acquisition of seven A330 aircraft.
- Acting for Thai Airways in the operating lease of eight Boeing Model 777-300ER aircraft from BOC Aviation.
- Acting for Thai Lion in the financing transaction arranged by Apple Bank for Savings with support provided by the Export-Import Bank of the United States. The transaction involved up to 10 Boeing 737-900ER aircraft to be subleased and operated by Thai Lion Mentari.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association - Extraordinary Member
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (2004)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B.) (2008)
- American University (J.D.) (2004)
- Stanford University (M.A.) (2001)
- Bates College (1998)
- Washington, DC