Rono Khan is a member of Baker McKenzie's Employment & Compensation Law Practice Group in Toronto.
Rono advises employers on a full range of labour, employment, and human rights matters, providing practical legal and business advice to both domestic and international private and public sector clients.
Prior to joining the Firm, Rono summered and articled at a leading labour and employment law firm in Toronto and interned in the civil litigation department of a public interest organization in New York City. After completing his articles, Rono pursued a Master of Laws (L.L.M.) in mediation and dispute resolution at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland.
During law school, Rono served as the co-president of the South Asian Law Students’ Association. Rono continued his involvement with the South Asian legal community by volunteering with the South Asian Bar Association of Toronto (“SABA”), and received the Student Recognition Award from SABA for academic excellence and community involvement.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- South Asian Bar Association of Toronto - Member
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators - Member (MCIArb)
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- The Advocates' Society - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2022)
- University of Aberdeen (LLM in dispute resolution, with distinction) (2022)
- Queen's University (JD) (2020)
- University of Toronto (Honours Bachelor of Science, Distinction) (2017)