Apichart joined Baker McKenzie in 2013. He is a member of the Bangkok Office’s Financial Services Practice Group, where he focuses on mergers and acquisitions (with major focus on financial institutions M&A), capital markets, corporate restructuring, securities, and other corporate-related laws.
His practice includes providing extensive legal services to private and public limited companies, and financial institutions on a broad range of banking, finance, securities, capital markets transactions and regulatory matters, as well as negotiating and drafting contracts and other transaction documents, providing legal analysis and advice in relation to laws related to the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and the Bank of Thailand (BOT).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised The Bank of Nova Scotia, which is one of the major shareholders of Thanachart Bank Public Company Limited ("TBANK"), with respect to the merger between TBANK and TMB Bank Public Company Limited. This deal was awarded Best Deal of the Year, by SET Awards 2020.
- Advised Citibank, N.A. Bangkok Branch on the THB 6.9 billion acquisition of unsecured personal loan and credit card portfolios from TISCO Bank Public Company Limited and its sister company, All-Ways Company Limited. This landmark deal is Citibank Bangkok's first inorganic growth since establishment.
- Advised TISCO Bank Public Company Limited in connection with the THB 5.5 billion acquisition of retail client businesses from Standard Chartered Bank (Thai) Public Company Limited. This landmark deal is part of the major sale of the retail business of Standard Chartered in various countries.
- Advised Bain Capital in relation to its acquisition of shares in Standard Chartered (Thai) Asset Management Company Limited from Standard Chartered Bank (Thai) Public Company Limited.
- Advised Srisawad Corporation Public Company Limited in relation to its sale of shares in Fast Money Co., Ltd. to Government Savings Bank and the joint investment and business collaboration between SAWAD and GSB in connection with FM’s auto title loan business.
- Advised Srisawad Corporation Public Company Limited, one of the largest retail loan business operators listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand, and Srisawad Capital 1969 Public Company Limited (formerly known as Srisawad Finance Public Company Limited) (BFIT), one of the leading finance business operators listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand, on a business restructure of SAWAD Group, by way of share swap, private placement, and an entire business transfer of Srisawad Capital Company Limited (SCAP), a subsidiary of SAWAD, to BFIT, with a transaction value of THB 1.8 billion.
- Advised Nomura Asia Investment (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. on the sale of shares in Capital Nomura Securities Public Company Limited, a securities company incorporated in Thailand that provides financial services including a securities brokerage business and asset management advisory services for retail and corporate clients, via a bidding process, to Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited.
- Advised Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited in connection with the business collaboration with Grab for the purpose of operating lending and other financial services via online platforms.
- Advised Carabao Group Public Company Limited, Thailand’s leading beverage and energy drink producer, and its major shareholders in the restructuring and initial public offering in conjunction with its global offering in accordance with Regulation S. The deal was structured as a holding company, offering 250 million shares valued at approximately USD 300 million. This deal was awarded by Alpha Southeast Asia as “Deal of Southeast Asia.”
- Advised LHFG and its major shareholders (i.e., Land and Houses Public Company Limited and Quality Houses Public Company Limited) in relation to the private placement of LHFG’s newly issued shares to CTBC Bank Co., Ltd.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Thailand - Member
- Thailand (2010)
- University of Edinburgh (LLM Commercial Law) (2013)
- University of Nottingham (LLM International Commercial Law) (2012)
- Chulalongkorn University (LLB) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.