Carlos is a Team Leader in the Corporate M&A department of Baker McKenzie. Carlos has over 10 years of experience in M&A transactions, advice to Spanish listed companies and domestic and foreign non-listed companies, regarding corporate and corporate governance advice, corporate restructurings (mergers, spin-offs etc.), as well as ongoing day-to-day advice.
Focusing his practice on both national and international public and private M&A transactions, Carlos advises corporates on domestic and cross border deals, as well as day to day corporate advice to listed and non-listed companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Minor Group on the take over of the Spanish listed company NH Hotel Group, S.A.
- Advised Grupo Corporativo Landon on the private placement of a significant stake in Almirall through an accelerated book building process.
- Advised Amex on the migration to Spain of the payment services and acquiring businesses post-Brexit.
- Advised Inspired Group on the acquisition of the Madrid and Toledo San Patricio Schools.
- Advised Bantierra on the sale of the business of Caja de Abogados to Arquia Banca.
- Advised on the joint take over bid launched by Sigma and Carbal over Campofrío Food Group, and subsequent delisting.
- Advised on the acquisition of a majority stake in High Tech Hotels (Petit Palace).
- Advised Securitas on the acquisition of Techco Seguridad S.L.
- Advised Banco Santander, Banco Popular and BBVA on their corresponding in kind contributions to Metrovacesa.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Madrid Bar Association, Spain
- Madrid~Spain (2013)
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Bachelor of Law and Business Administration)
- “El traspaso de negocio de una entidad financiera internacional en el marco del Brexit”, Anuario 2020 de Práctica Mercantil para abogados – Alejandro Parra y Carlos Jiménez de Laiglesia
- “Aspectos más relevantes del proceso de toma de control de NH Hotel Group”, Anuario 2019 de Práctica Mercantil para abogados – Carlos Martín y Carlos Jiménez de Laiglesia
- “Las OPAs y la regla de put up or shut up”, Diario Expansión, Carlos Martín y Carlos Jiménez de Laiglesia
- “Obligaciones de indemnización y mecanismos alternativos de responsabilidad de vendedores en el marco de contratos de inversión”, Anuario 2018 de Práctica Mercantil para abogados – Enrique Carretero y Carlos Jiménez de Laiglesia
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.