Fang-Yi focuses her practice in the areas of competition matters, leniency applications, multinational merger control regulations, negotiations with competition authorities, and compliance investigations. She also has considerable experience advising local and foreign corporations in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, and general commercial transactions.
Fang-Yi's practice involves mergers and acquisitions, antitrust and competition and general corporate matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented JSR Corporation for a pre-merger notification before Taiwan's Fair Trade Commission (TFTC) for its investment in CrownBio International.
- Represented Itochu Corporation for a pre-merger notification before the TFTC in its acquisition of the shares in Taipei Financial Center Corporation.
- Represented Konica Minolta Inc. and Innovation Network Corporation of Japan for a pre-merger notification before the TFTC in their acquisition of the shares in Ambry Genetics Corp.
- Represented Taiwan electronics manufacturer Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd., trading as Foxconn Technology Group, for a pre-merger notification before the TFTC in its investment in Sharp Corporation.
- Represented Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. for a pre-merger notification before the TFTC in its acquisition of shares in Siliconware Precision Industries Co. Ltd.
- Represented SK Corporation for a pre-merger notification before the TFTC for its acquisition of 51.0001% of the shares in SKC Haas Display Films Co., Ltd.
- Represented Renesas Technology Corporation, Sharp Corporation and Powerchip Technology Corporation for a pre-merger notification before the TFTC for a joint venture in Japan.
- Represented Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. for a pre-merger notification before the TFTC for the acquisition of Yageo Corporation.
- Represented Baker Hughes for a pre-merger notification before the TFTC for its acquisition of Unilift Enertech Ltd.
- Represented Allnex S.A.R.L for a pre-merger notification before the TFTC for its joint venture with Eternal Materials Co., Ltd.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York~United States (2010)
- Patent Agent for Taiwan Intellectual Property Office (2008)
- Taipei~Taiwan (2006)
- Harvard University (LLM Scholarship grant from East Asian Legal Studies) (2009)
- National Taiwan University (LLM summa cum laude) (2006)
- National Taiwan University (LLB Finance & Economics summa cum laude) (2003)
Cross-Border Listings Handbook, Baker McKenzie
Amendment to the Fair Trade Law, Monte Jade Magazine, April 2015
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.