Alissa Inshakova is a Junior Associate in the Almaty office of Baker McKenzie. She specializes in the areas of corporate law, merges and acquisition and competition law, regulation of pharmaceuticals and medical devices, and dispute resolution. Ms. Inshakova joined Baker McKenzie in 2007 as a paralegal and was promoted to her current position in 2011.
Representative Legal Matters
Corporate and M&A
- Advising a Swiss-based pharmaceutical company in connection with acquisition of shares in Kazakhstani pharmaceutical company
- Advising a global pharmaceutical company on the local consequences and steps to be taken in Kazakhstan in connection with its “split-off” reorganization
- Due diligence review of companies engaged in oil&gas exploration and production, production of railway equipment, construction, logistic, pharmaceutical companies and other companies in Kazakhstan for potential purchasers
- Advising a number of clients on various aspects of Kazakh corporate law including the establishment of businesses in Kazakhstan, dissolution of legal entities, branches and representative offices, change of the charter capital, election and termination of the powers of members of executive body of legal entities, heads of branches and representative offices, etc.
Pharmaceuticals and Medical devices
- Advising major international pharmaceutical companies on all aspects of manufacturing localization projects
- Advising a US-based genetic testing and diagnostics company on various matters in connection with launching their prenatal genetic tests in Kazakhstan
- Advising a global biopharmaceutical company on clinical trials regulations in Kazakhstan
- Advising several international pharmaceuticals and medical devices manufacturers on various regulatory issues relevant to the industry (advertising, promotion, sales of medicines, medicines price registration, etc.)
- Kazakhstan~Kazakhstan (2003)
- Almaty State University (Bachelor of Law) (2003)