Delwar Hossain is a partner in the Firm's Global Banking & Finance Practice Group currently based in Baker McKenzie’s Bahrain office. Before joining Baker McKenzie, Delwar was a manager (documentation) in Dubai Islamic Bank and an in-house legal counsel in Jeddah-based Islamic Development Bank.
Delwar’s main areas of practice include Islamic finance, project finance, loans & credit facilities, debt capital markets and restructuring & insolvency.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar of England and Wales
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- The Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
- The Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- The South Asian Bar Association of Toronto - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2017)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2004)
- Inns of Court School of Law (Bar Vocational Course) (2004)
- University of Exeter (Post Graduate Diploma in Law) (2003)
- Cambridge University (LL.M.) (2002)
- International Islamic University Malaysia (LL.B.) (2001)
- Dhaka College Bangladesh (A Levels) (1995)