Nont regularly advises multinational and local clients for legal issues surrounding strategic IP and technology protection plans and IP commercialization and exploitation through various forms of agreement e.g. licensing, distributorship, franchising, joint and development, etc. He also leads the IP international registration team to protect and manage clients’ global IP portfolios. He has extensive experience as lead counsel for cross-border IP and technology disputes and court trials, working with local teams in many countries around the world.
Nont advises multinational technology, platform, banking, social media, telecommunications and consumer product industry leaders on regulatory issues and contracts related to information and telecommunications, cloud computing, automation systems, telematics construction of telecommunication towers acquisition of telecommunication equipment, international roaming, outsourcing, support and maintenance services, content supply through mobile phone communication systems, e-commerce, advertising laws, etc.
He is a data protection and privacy laws specialist. He assisted multinational and local clients in various industries on regulatory issues and preparation for compliance with Thai data protection and privacy laws. He is a Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Representative Legal Matters
- Team leader, working with the Baker McKenzie San Diego Office to represent a major ‘free to air’ TV channel in Thailand in filing a copyright and trademark case in Los Angeles and Bangkok against an illegal distributor resulting in a favorable multi-million dollar jury verdict in the US, and a favorable multi-million Baht award by the Supreme Court of Thailand;
- Lead counsel advising the world's largest convenience store chain in managing and protecting their valuable IP rights in Thailand as well as their commercial agreements with their franchisees;
- Representing TV production companies, the country's largest cable TV operator and a Thai convergence service provider in regard to the preparation of agreements for co-production of TV programs, content licensing for English Professional Football League competition programs and commercial launch of state-of-the-art digital products and services, respectively;
- Team leader in contract negotiations for the Stock Exchange of Thailand for the implementation of cutting edge trading platforms for the institution;
- Advising leading Thai commercial banks and the Bank of Thailand for the technology transfer in the first blockchain project in the Thai financial industry;
- Team leader for advising one of the largest financial group of companies in preparation of AI Technology Research and Development Collaboration Agreement;
- Representing a leading British telecommunications operator in the global outsourcing project for the Dutch-based world's largest conglomerate company for its Thailand operation
- Team leader for projects regarding GDPR and PDPA compliance for financial institutions in Thailand including Thai Bankers Association;
- Team leader for a project regarding PDPA compliance for international airlines;
- Team leader for a project regarding PDPA compliance for world famous food franchisors;
- Team leader for projects regarding PDPA compliance for a US-based world leading hardware manufacturer.
- Received a "silver" rating in the area of prosecution and strategy, World Trademark Review WTR1000, 2016-2021
- Named as one of Thailand's "IP Stars" by Managing Intellectual Property, 2015-2021
- Named as an "IP Expert" in the fields of Trademark and IP Litigation by Asia IP Law, 2021
- "Recommended Lawyer" in Technology, Media, Telecoms (TMT), The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2014-2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) License Holder under The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) since July 2019
- Thai Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
- Intellectual Property Association of Thailand (IPAT)
- Thailand (1998)
- University of Bristol (LL.M.) (2001)
- Sasin Graduate Institute (Business Management Program) (1998)
- Thammasat University (LL.B.) (1996)
Mr. Horayangura has been a guest speaker and visiting lecturer in both public and private forums, including the Department of Intellectual Property of Thailand, the Department of International Trade Promotion of Thailand, the Intellectual Property Association of Thailand, CENSUS (a platform of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia Pacific and United Nations), the Franchise Association of Thailand, top Thai universities, the Thai Institute of Directors, the Stock Exchange of Thailand, BSA - the Software Alliance, World Business Forum, Leo Burnett Thailand, and PTT Exploitation and Production Public Company Limited.
Topics on which he has spoken include intellectual property protection and exploitation in Thailand and overseas, contracts relating to IP and technology commercialization, IP legal due diligence, laws on motion pictures and videos, and many others.
He also published numerous articles in various publications focusing on IP law and IT/Communications law, as well as developments in those industries. These include, for example, The World Copyright Law Report, Bloomberg BNA Data Protection Report, various news outlets and Baker McKenzie Newsletters