Gerhard Hermann heads the M&A Department in the Firm’s Vienna office. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he served as partner in a leading law firm in Europe and lecturer at the University of Vienna. In addition to his practice, Dr. Hermann likewise writes articles on corporate law matters for various publications.
Dr. Hermann practices mainly on (public and private) mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, as well as other general corporate law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising FCC Construccion S.A. in connection with the bankruptcy of its Austrian subsidiaries ALPINE Holding GmbH and ALPINE Bau GmbH.
- Advised EDF International S.A. in connection with the disposition of its minority shareholding in Energie Steiermark AG in an auction process.
- Advised Daimler AG in connection with the acquisition of the Austrian financial services business of Wiesenthal Group.
- Advised Amundi SA in connection with the acquisition of the sole share in BWAG PSK Invest GmbH.
- Advised Bâloise Group in connection with the disposal of its Austrian subsidiary to Helvetia Group.
- Advised iMAGOTAG GmbH in connection with the investment by Store Electronic Systems S.A.
- Advised ALPINE-ENERGIE AG in connection with the acquisition by TRITON Investment.
- Advised DAIFUKU CO., LTD. in respect of the acquisition of a minority interest in KNAPP AG from private shareholders.
- Best Law Firms for M&A, Highly recommended, Leaders League Austria 2022
- Corporate/M&A, Chambers Europe 2021
- Corporate/M&A, Chambers Global 2021/2022
- Best Lawyers in Austria 2019 for M&A and corporate law, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vienna Bar Association - Member
- Austria (1995)
- Cambridge University (Trinity College) (LL.M.) (1997)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (1995)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (1990)
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.