Charlotte is a Senior Associate in Baker McKenzie’s Dispute Resolution team in Sydney.
Charlotte has a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Auckland.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Charlotte had experience in the Dispute Resolution team at a large top-tier firm in New Zealand.
Charlotte specialises in commercial litigation across a broad range of sectors, including construction, commercial leasing, contractual claims, insolvency, judicial review and company disputes. Charlotte also practises in and has a particular interest in arbitration.
Charlotte’s experience includes acting for large domestic and international clients in commercial disputes across various jurisdictions within Australia, particularly in the Federal Court and the NSW Supreme Court. Charlotte also has experience acting for clients in domestic and international arbitrations conducted under the ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL and ICSID arbitration rules.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for former directors and officers of a major Australian mining and materials company in a range of proceedings arising from the administration of that entity, including insolvent trading proceedings and proceedings for negligence and misleading or deceptive conduct
- Acting for a large pension fund in domestic arbitration proceedings arising out of a large telecommunications project
- Acting for a façade supplier in arbitration proceedings arising out of the construction of a major hospital
- Acting for and advising a professional services membership body in disciplinary matters and judicial review proceedings
- Acting for a commercial landlord in respect of a dispute with a previous tenant of a commercial premises
- Acting for various New Zealand Banks, liquidators, receivers and other institutions in debt recovery, to enforce guarantees and security, realise assets, obtain interim relief and to obtain liquidation and bankruptcy orders (prior firm)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New South Wales Law Society - Member
- High Court of Australia (2018)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales (2018)
- High Court of New Zealand (2016)
- University of Auckland (Bachelor of Laws (Honours)) (2016)
- University of Auckland (Bachelor of Arts) (2016)