Drew Hemmings is a member of Baker McKenzie’s North America Tax Practice Group where he focuses his practice on state and local tax matters. Prior to joining the Firm, Drew was an attorney at the Georgia Department of Revenue in Atlanta, GA and a state and local tax consultant at a national accounting firm in McLean, VA.
Drew represents multinational corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships in a wide range of complex multistate tax controversy and planning issues involving income, franchise, sales, use, gross receipts, and transfer taxes. Drew's experience includes representation before the Illinois Supreme Court, the Illinois Appellate Court, the Circuit Court of Cook County, the Illinois Independent Tax Tribunal, and countless other judicial and administrative forums across the country.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Phi Beta Kappa - Member
- Illinois~United States (2012)
- Georgia~United States (2011)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M. Taxation, with Distinction) (2013)
- Emory University School of Law (J.D.) (2011)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., with Distinction) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.