Drew Hemmings is a member of Baker McKenzie’s North America Tax Practice Group where he focuses his practice on state and local tax matters. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Hemmings was a state and local tax consultant with a national accounting firm.
Mr. Hemmings represents multinational and domestic corporations and partnerships in a wide range of tax planning and tax controversy issues. His experience includes representative matters involving income, franchise, sales, use, gross receipts, and transfer taxes.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Phi Beta Kappa - Member
- Illinois~United States (2012)
- Georgia~United States (2011)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M. Taxation, with Distinction) (2013)
- Emory University School of Law (J.D.) (2011)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., with Distinction) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.