Mohamed is a counsel within the Cairo office of Baker McKenzie. Mohamed has more than 35 years of experience focusing on Dispute Resolution, Real Estate and Banking & Finance.
Mohamed focuses on Dispute Resolution, Real Estate, arbitration and Banking & Finance. He is also experienced in drafting and reviewing a variety of civil, commercial, banking, mortgage and security agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a Dutch multinational company which manufactures paints and coatings in connection with a customs evasion case, regarding importing raw materials for USD 37 million in violation of the Law on Import and Export. Represented an international hotel in its lengthy dispute. The dispute is regarding the enforcement of an arbitral award that evolved into a complicated dispute of bankruptcy and bankruptcy by fraud in addition to various cases on placing of assets.
- Represented Egypt’s Main Fixed Line Telecommunications Company in connection with many disputes regarding interconnection agreements.
- Represented a leading real estate company in several law suits, including appeals reviewed before the Administrative Courts regarding the GAFI Inspection Committee's reports on the company and appeals and lawsuits regarding capital increase procedures.
Banking & Finance
- Represented major energy companies in relation to commercial and real estate mortgage contracts for EGP 87.5 million and USD 500,000 financed by Egyptian and foreign banks and international supply institutions for the purpose of erecting power stations.
- Represented a major petrochemical company in connection with a syndicated facility agreement for USD 290,200,000, financed by 12 Egyptian banks to cover the investment costs of the project.
- Represented a major paint production company in connection with a midterm supply agreement in the amount of EGP 25 million and a supplementary loan in the amount of EGP 25 million through a major Egyptian/Lebanese bank with commercial and real estate mortgages as security to finance its activities.
- Represented a major ammonia production company in a commercial mortgage agreement in the amount of USD 515 million through a major Egyptian bank to finance, develop, design, establish, test and operate a factory for the production of ammonia with a commercial mortgage as security.
- Represented a consortium of Egyptian banks with a syndicated facility agreement for EGP 675 million for a major domestic glass company to establish and operate its factory.
- Advised Rawasy, a new real estate joint venture established by the National Bank of Egypt (NBE) and Banque Misr, in connection with acquiring real estate assets in Talaat Moustafa Group’s (TMG) Madinaty compound for a purchase price of approximately EGP 9 billion. Advised Banque Misr S.A.E on a real-estate development transaction for Arab Company for Projects and Urban Developments S.A.E., to develop constructional projects in residential cities of Al-Rehab and Madinaty with a total of EGP 4 billion.
- Finalized the notarization of 25000 acres land in Toshka. The registration of said land is the very first real estate registration in this area. Our work involved all the legal procedures pertaining to the registration of the land.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Egyptian Bar Association
- Egypt (1985)
- Cairo University (LL.B.) (1985)
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.