Baker & McKenzie LLP
Stas Getmanenko is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Global Tax Practice Group in Dallas. He practices in the areas of US federal income tax planning and transactions, including domestic and international acquisitions and reorganizations. Stas advises investment funds and multinational corporations.
Mr. Getmanenko's practice focuses on all aspects of US federal income taxation, including domestic and international planning, real estate projects, taxation of financial products, cross-border transactions, and restructurings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advises on structuring of real estate capital market offerings involving Section 1031 transactions.
- Advises US and foreign investment funds on tax planning issues associated with a wide variety of investment activities, including debt and equity financing, financial products, and derivatives.
- Advises US and foreign investment funds on design and implementation of tax-efficient investment and trading strategies, structuring of investment vehicles, and investment products.
- Advises multinational companies on international tax planning and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations.
- Advises on post-transaction integration.
- Advises on issues related to foreign currency and hedging transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas – Member, Tax Section
- American Bar Association – Member, Tax Section
- Dallas Bar Association – Member, Tax Section
- Texas~United States (2010)
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (LL.M. Taxation, Recognized for Excellence in Legal Scholarship by Theodore Tannenwald Jr. Foundation, Texas State Bar Tax Section, and Texas State Bar International Section) (2011)
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law (J.D., Penn State Law Review; Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot) (2010)
- Brigham Young University, Marriott School of Management (B.S.) (2006)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.