Stas Getmanenko is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Tax Practice Group in Dallas. He practices in the areas of tax planning and transactions, including domestic and international acquisitions and reorganizations. Stas advises multinational corporations and investment funds.
Representative Legal Matters
Advises multinational companies on international tax planning and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations.
Advises on issues facing corporate treasury departments, including implementation of cross-border transactions to meet the cash and accounting needs.
Advises on post-transaction integration.
Advises on issues related to foreign currency and hedging transactions.
Advises US and foreign investment funds on tax planning issues associated with a wide variety of investment activities, including debt and equity financing, financial products, and derivatives.
Advises US and foreign investment funds on design and implementation of tax-efficient investment and trading strategies, structuring of investment vehicles, and investment products.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas – Member, Tax Section
- American Bar Association – Member, Tax Section
- Dallas Bar Association – Member, Tax Section
- Texas~United States (2010)
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (LL.M. Taxation, Recognized for Excellence in Legal Scholarship by Theodore Tannenwald Jr. Foundation, Texas State Bar Tax Section, and Texas State Bar International Section) (2011)
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law (J.D., Penn State Law Review; Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot) (2010)
- Brigham Young University, Marriott School of Management (B.S.) (2006)