Paolo Galli is a partner of the IP & Technology Practice Group of Baker McKenzie Italy.
Paolo is adjunct professor at the University of Piemonte Orientale, faculty of law, where he takes regular courses on IP and media law. He has a PHD in IP and private law and he is the author of many publications on IP and media-related matters, on both national and international reviews.
Paolo provides assistance (both contractual and litigation) in the areas of media, advertising (including television and regulatory aspects) and intellectual property, including copyright and related rights, distinctive sign rights and competition law.
He regularly advises leading industry and primary international media companies and is involved on an almost daily basis in his clients' relationships with major Italian and foreign rights holders and local regulatory authorities.
Paolo joins us from Sky Italia, where he was responsible for content acquisitions, management of copyright and IP rights issues and litigation, after a long professional career in universities and boutique firms.
- Professional of the Year - Media at the TopLegal Industry Awards 2020
- Awards for the PHD dissertation ("patentability of business methods") granted by the European Patent Office of Munich (2005)
- Award for the best dissertation in Intellectual Property by "IMAIE" (Istituto mutualistico artisti, interpreti ed esecutori - a major Italian collecting society)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- AIDA (Annali italiani di diritto d’autore della cultura e dello spettacolo) - Member, Editorial Committee
- AIPPI – Italia – Executive Board Member
- AIPPI International - Member of the Copyright committee
- Italy (2003)
- University of Pavia (PhD in Private Law) (2005)
- Max Planck Institute (PhD for Intellectual Property and Competition Law) (2005)
- University of Pavia (Law Degree, cum laude) (1999)
- Author, La tutela delle informazioni e dei metodi commerciali, Pavia, 2004
- Author, UBERTAZZI, GALLI e SANNA, Codice del diritto d'autore. Editio minor, Giuffrè, Milano, 2003
- Author, “Copia privata e altri compensi ex lege a favore dei titolari dei diritti nelle utilizzazioni sul cloud”, AIDA 2022, 686ss.
- Author, "I brevetti. Introduzione," Il Sole 24 Ore, 2007
- Author, "Museums and databases," International Review of Intellectual Property and Competition Law, 2006, 452ss.
- Author, "Musei e banche dati," AIDA, 2004, 455ss.