Luis is a Corporate M&A Partner at the Madrid Office and member of the M&A Practice Group, with more than 10 years of experience, specialized in M&A and PE. He is member of the Madrid Bar Association since 2010. Luis is also a Lecturer on M&A at University Carlos III.
Luis has a broad expertise on both domestic and cross border M&A and PE deals, including acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and reorganizations. He mainly advises clients on the manufacturing, automotive, industrial, energy and technology sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Capital Dynamics on the acquisition of several solar renewable projects in Spain with a capacity over 200 MW.
- Represented Ellomay Capital on the sale of a 49% stake in a renewable project.
- Represented Trina Solar on the acquisition of the solar trackers manufacturing company Nclave.
- Represented Rioglass Solar Holding on the acquisition of the Schott Solar receivers solar manufacturing company.
- Represented Magna Automotive on the acquisition of the automotive manufacturing Viza Group.
- Represented Siemens on the sale of its X-Ray business unit.
- Represented Entrust DataCard on the acquisition of the software company Safelayer secure communications.
- Represented WiseTech Global limited in the acquisition of the software group of companies Taric.
- Represented BBVA on the sale to Barcelo of its majority interest in the resort chain Grupo Occidental.
- Represented BBVA on the joint venture consortium with Das Nano to create the artificial intelligence company Veridas Digital.
- Madrid~Spain (2010)
- Universidad CEU San Pablo (Bachelor of Law)
- IE Business School (LLM in International Law)
- University of Singapore (Exchange Program)
Author, "El Valor de los Seguros de M&A en Tiempos de Covid," Article on W&I published in collaboration with Aon, July 2020
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.