Ghada is a senior associate within the Cairo office of Baker McKenzie.
Ghada's practice focuses on banking and finance, major projects and energy.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Banque Misr S.A.E on a real-estate development transaction with Arab Company for Projects and Urban Developments S.A.E (TMG) for a total of EGP 4 million to develop constructional projects in residential cities of Al-Rehab and Madinaty.
- Acted for International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank group, as lenders on 30 million financing package put in place to fund Pasabahce Egypt for Glass Manufacturing S.A.E., a subsidiary of the Sisecam Group and a leading glassware manufacturer.
- Advised Rawasy, a new real estate joint venture established by the National Bank of Egypt (NBE) and Banque Misr, in connection with acquiring real estate assets in Talaat Moustafa Group’s (TMG) Madinaty compound for a purchase price of approximately EGP 9 billion.
- Advised Rawasy, in connection with an acquisition finance to that was divided into two tranches. The first part of the loan was from Banque Misr, Al Ahly Bank and Banque Du Caire to finance the purchase of assets from Talaat Moustafa Group’s (TMG) related to the Craft Zone Project in Madinaty Compound. Such assets are handed back to TMG for operation and investment under an Operation and Investment Agreement. The second part of the loan was in the form of a discounting facility against checks from Nour City owned by TMG. The aggregate amount of both tranches is approximately EGP 9 billion.
- Acted for Sojitz on its full participation interest in oil and gas concession in the Western Desert Area entered into with the ARE and Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) gto IPR Transoil Corporation.
- Acted for Marakez Al Sokhna for Real Estate Projects S.A.E on its EGP 670 million syndicated loan contract from a Consortium of 3 banks to develop Phase II of Mall of Kattameya, located in Kattameya, Cairo-Sokhna road, Cairo Governorate.
- Acted for African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank), a bank that finances and promotes intra- and extra-African trade, on the USD 200 million facility to the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) to finance the important needs to EGPC.
- Acted for Sixth of October for Development and Investment (SODIC) in relation to EGP 270 Million facility granted by Commercial International Bank (Egypt) S.A.E. to finance the project cost of October Plaza Project.
- Acted for leading real estate developer Sixth of October Development and Investment Company (SODIC) in connection with EGP 1.3bn medium term facility with Arab African International Bank (AAIB) to refinance existing syndicated facility and complete construction of various real estate development projects in Egypt.
- Acted for African Export-Import Bank in connection with USD 200 million short term facility to Telecom Egypt (TE) to enable the telecommunication company to finance its working capital and investments in its infrastructure under a deal coordinated by the Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank-Egypt.
- Egypt (2012)
- Cairo University (Bachelor in Law ) (2011)
- Kingston University (Bachelor of Arts with Honors - Law and Politics Upper Second Class B+) (2009)
- Dublin City University (Bachelor in Economics, Politics and Law) (2008)
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.