Pumma has extensive experience in Thai court litigation and is well versed in a number of domestic and international arbitration rules. His primary areas of expertise include contentious and non-contentious disputes relating to (re)insurance, labour, employment, international trade, arbitration, commercial disputes, wrongful acts, and white-collar crime.
An example of Pumma's notable work is his representation of one of the world's largest reinsurers in court litigation and arbitration proceedings conducted for insurance disputes in connection with the infamous 2011 flood in Thailand, which is recognized as the world's fourth costliest disaster as of that year. He has also represented insureds, insurance brokers, insurers, and reinsurers in various types of (re)insurance related disputes in both litigation and arbitration.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing an insurance company for disputes arising from a breach of a retrocession contract with the claim's value of USD 30 million to be resolved by ad hoc arbitration
- Representing a prominent real estate company with regard to a material breach of sale and purchase agreement with the claim's value of USD10 million in arbitration under SIAC rules
- Representing a hotel owner in defending the claim arising out of a hotel management agreement brought by an operator in arbitration under SIAC rules
- Representing a truck manufacturing company regarding disputes from a breach of a dealership agreement as well as associated sales contracts under TAI arbitration
- Represented a synthetic rubber manufacturer in TAI arbitration and series of lawsuits in claims relating to the construction of the synthetic rubber plant.
- Acting for an international warehousing company and representing insurance companies in a lawsuit to pursue a claim against multiples parties arising out of the fire incident at a warehouse
- Representing both insurers and reinsurers in various types of facultative reinsurance and reinsurance treaty dispute
- Advising a reinsurance broker in potential dispute arising from a group health accident and permanent disability reinsurance
- Represented a leading energy public company in an insurance claim under the Industrial All Risks policy for a breakdown of a wind turbine
- Represented a Japanese air-conditioning manufacturer in disputes arising from a labor demand against its labor union
- Represented employers in various industries in claims brought by its employees relating to statutory payments and compensation for unfair dismissal
- Thailand (2005)
- University of New South Wales (LL.M.) (2007)
- Thammasat University (LL.B.) (2004)
- Speaker, "In-House Congress on Enforcement of Arbitral Awards," 2009
- Speaker, "Small Claim Arbitration" held by the Thai Arbitration Center (THAC), 2018
- Speaker, "Fraudulent Acts Seminar" held by Pricewaterhouse Coopers, 2018
- Speaker, "The Emerging Risk of Class Action and the Effect on Business," 2019