Georg Diwok heads the Banking & Finance Practice Group at Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG in Vienna. He previously worked as a law clerk at Bruckhaus Westrick Heller Löber and was a partner at Lattenmayer, Luks & Partner. He started his career as an assistant at Vienna law school.
Georg focuses his practice on direct national and cross-border lending, restructuring as well as financial disputes. Georg's particular focus is on real estate finance. He advises banks and business enterprises on licensing issues and represents clients in banking regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an Austrian listed bank on collateral structures in the wider CEE region.
- Advised on asset and portfolio structuring for securitization purposes in the automotive and consumer lending areas.
- Advised non load banks and payment services privates on license issues.
- Represented start-ups on crypto currency issues and related AML risk towards the Austrian regulator FMA.
- Represented a Swiss bank in selling its private client's business to an Austrian financial institution.
- Represented HNI clients in Austrian private foundation laws related disputes.
- Frequently recommended in banking & finance, JUVE Austria 2022/2023
- Among the top 10 experts in banking & finance law, trend lawyers’ ranking 2023
- Experienced in finance transactions, structured finance and regulatory issues, Legal 500, 2021
- Banking & Finance: Regulatory, Chambers Europe 2021
- The Best Lawyers of the Industry, Real Estate Magazine 2021
- Best Lawyers in Austria 2019 for banking & finance law, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Austrian Banking Law Society - Member
- Vienna Bar Association - Member
- Austria (1992)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (1986)
- Interviewee, "DAS KOMMT AUF KRYPTOFIRMEN ZU," Börsianer Magazin, October 2022, p. 74
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.