Georg Diwok heads the Banking & Finance Practice Group at Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG in Vienna. He previously worked as a law clerk at Bruckhaus Westrick Heller Löber and was a partner at Lattenmayer, Luks & Partner. He also has experience working in the law office of Dr. Wilfried Lefford.
Dr. Diwok focuses his practice on cross-border “club deals,” and syndicated and acquisition finance. He also advises banks and business enterprises on financing issues and the creation of new financial products. He also represents clients in banking regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an Austrian listed company on syndicated facilities to finance CEE expansion.
- Advised in relation to asset and portfolio structuring for securitization purposes in the automotive and food franchising industries.
- Advised in relation to a refinancing of cross-border real estate portfolios (Poland, Romania).
- Advised in relation to a product development and financing of a payment card and an Austrian payment solution for m-commerce.
- Advised a manufacturer of orthopedic products with respect to intra-group cash pooling.
- Advised in relation to supervisory procedures for the issuance of new banking products.
- Experienced in finance transactions, structured finance and regulatory issues, Legal 500, 2021
- Among the Top 10 for banking & finance law, trend Anwaltsranking 2021
- Banking & Finance: Regulatory, Chambers Europe 2021
- Best Lawyers in Austria 2019 for banking & finance law, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Austrian Banking Law Society
- Technology Lawyer's Consortium - Executive Committee
- Vienna Bar Association
- Austria (1992)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (1986)