Tharani Dharmaraj is a senior associate in the Corporate practice group in Sydney.
Tharani focuses on both Australian and cross-border M&A transactions and has worked on a variety of corporate transactions in over 10 years of practice, including private equity acquisitions and disposals, capital raisings and corporate and securities advisory matters. She has also worked in the Hong Kong and London offices of Baker McKenzie.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising YUM! on the sale of over 100 company owned KFC outlets through a competitive tender process.
- Advising Tetra Tech on the acquisition of engineering consulting firm NDY.
- Advising clients in renewables industry including BayWa, Neoen, Siemens Gamesa and Magnetar on corporate governance matters and the acquisition of wind and solar projects in Australia.
- Advising MasterCard Inc. on the acquisition of Pinpoint Pty Ltd (provider of loyalty solutions) including the management of a multi jurisdictional due diligence process.
- Advising Expedia Inc on a internal global re-organisation in respect of the integration of the Wotif business.
- Advising Glentel Inc. on the acquisition of a majority interest in AMT Group Pty Ltd (the Allphones business).
- Acting for Transfield Services Limited in the sell down of its interest in the Transfield Services Infrastructure Fund and joint venture with Ratchaburi.
- Advising Bangchak Petroleum on the takeover of Nido Petroleum Limited and subsequent acquisition of shares not acquired under takeover offer under compulsory acquisition.
- Acting on the sale of a pharmaceutical business in Russia for Wallgreen Boots Alliance.
- Advising Cargill on a joint venture with Ukraine's MV Cargo in relation to the construction of a port terminal in Yuzhni, Ukraine.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of NSW - Member
- New South Wales~Australia (2008)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2008)
- University of Sydney (LLM) (2014)
- University of New South Wales (BCom) (2007)
- University of New South Wales (LLB) (2007)
- Hong Kong
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.