Tharani Dharmaraj is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in Sydney.
Tharani has worked on a variety of domestic and multijurisdictional corporate transactions in both the UK and Australia in over 12 years of practice, including, private and public M&A transactions, private equity acquisitions and disposals and corporate advisory matters.
Tharani is also a co-lead of the Pacific Islands Desk.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Metcash on the acquisition of a majority stake in Total Tools Holdings Pty Ltd, the franchisor to the largest tool retail network in Australia with 81 retail stores nationwide
- Advising Takeda in relation to the Australian aspects of the global integration of the Shire business into the Takeda business following the acquisition of Shire by Takeda in 2019
- Advising YUM! on the sale of over 100 company owned KFC outlets through a competitive tender process
- Advised MasterCard Inc. on the acquisition of Wamaja Ltd by way of scheme of arrangement and on the Australian aspects of the acquisition of Finicity
- Advised Suez on its divestment and separation of an Australian division to Cleanaway Limited for AUD 2.4 billion / AUD 501 million
- Advised Opmantek Ltd on off-market takeover by FirstWave Cloud Technology Ltd for Opmantek
- Advising Tetra Tech on the acquisition of engineering consulting firm NDY
- Advising clients in renewables industry including BayWa, Neoen, Siemens Gamesa and Magnetar on corporate governance matters and the acquisition of wind and solar projects in Australia
- Advising MasterCard Inc. on the acquisition of Pinpoint Pty Ltd (provider of loyalty solutions) including the management of a multijurisdictional due diligence process
- Advising FedEx on an internal global reorganisation in respect of the integration of the TNT business
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of NSW - Member
- New South Wales~Australia (2008)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2008)
- University of Sydney (LLM)
- University of New South Wales (BCom)
- University of New South Wales (LLB)
- Hong Kong
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.