Elizabeth Denham CBE, joined Baker McKenzie as International Consultant, Data and Tech in 2022. She has over 15 years' experience as a data protection regulator in four jurisdictions. She was most recently the Information Commissioner for the UK (2016-2021) . During her tenure in the UK she also chaired the Global Privacy Assembly, which brings together more than 130 data protection authorities around the world - the premier global forum for data protection. She is recognized as a leader in enabling responsible data use by government and the commercial sector, and for implementing the GDPR into UK law. She tackled some of the most complex issues facing the digital economy, including the use of data in political campaigns, the use of live facial recognition technologies in the commercial and police sectors, and the transparent and fair use of analytics and AI. She is passionate about the protection of children online, ethical and accountable use of health data, and supporting companies to embed data protection and security into their services and offerings. Elizabeth was honoured in the Queen's 2019 Honours list a CBE for services to protecting personal privacy of UK citizens.
- Commanders of the Order of the British Empire (CBE)
- Recognized as most influential person in data driven business, iDataIQ 100 list 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Jersey Data Protection Authority - Authority Member
- International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners - Chair
- Information Commissioner's Office - Former UK Information Commissioner
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) - Member of Board of Directors, 2022-2026
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.