Gabriel de Jesus has been with the Firm since 1997 and became a partner in 2011. He focuses on dispute resolution and commercial litigation and is recognized by Chambers Latin America as a leading lawyer in the field. He is an associate litigation professor at the Universidad Monteávila and Universidad Metropolitana de Caracas.
Gabriel has extensive experience in civil and commercial procedures, institutional and independent arbitration, bankruptcy procedures, leasehold and constitution procedures. He is authorized to act as an arbitrator before the Arbitration Center of the Caracas Chamber of Commerce and has represented parties before arbitration tribunals.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented several national and multinational companies in commercial arbitration.
- Represented important food and consumer goods companies against business competitors and contracting companies in court.
- Represented national and international companies on compensatory damages procedures from commercial liability.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Caracas Bar Association
- Venezuela (1997)
- Universidad Central de Venezuela (Specialization Litigation) (2000)
- Andrés Bello Catholic University (JD) (1997)
Baker & McKenzie SC is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.