Juanjo Corral is a Team Leader in the Corporate and M&A Department in Madrid, specializing in advising Private Equity houses, and is also a member of the Firm's Global Consumer, Goods & Retail, and Energy, Mining & Infrastructure Industry groups.
Juanjo advises Spanish and foreign companies on mergers, acquisitions, and corporate and comercial matters to Spanish and foreign companies. In particular, he provides corporate law advice and serves as secretary on various board of directors. He has participated in significant M&A transactions in the energy and power, hotels, industry, commercial distribution, technology and food sectors. In the area of private equity, he advises companies, funds, and private equity management companies on investments and disinvestments in companies operating in various sectors, among other matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Abac Capital in several auction acquisition process, given advise to the PE-house.
- Advised the sellers of Glaciar Bari, S.L. in the sale process of shares representing a 57.50% of the share capital to Cerberus fund.
- Advised the controlling shareholders of Idealista Libertad y Control, S.A. as the target company, in the auction sale of such company, which operates one of the most relevant real estate online web in Spain, to the PE-fund Apax Partners LLP.
- Advised Geographic Systems Spain, S.L., operating subsidiary of Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc.(ESRI) in the asset adquisition of ESRI España Geosistemas S.A. to Eptisa Servicios de Ingeniería S.L. and Magnum Capital.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cádiz Bar Association, Spain
- Official Economists Association in Madrid, Spain
- Cadiz~Spain (2005)
- University Carlos III of Madrid (Law Degree)
- Barcelona University, Pompeu Fabra (Post Graduate Degree Company Appraisals and Accounting)
- University Carlos III of Madrid (Master's Degree Corporate Legal Counsel)
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.