Albert Joon Kyo Chung
Foreign Legal Consultant (Partner)
Baker & McKenzie LLP Foreign Legal Consultant Office
Not admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction
Albert Joon Kyo Chung is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Seoul office and is a member of the Firm's Korea Group. He has been advising numerous Korean clients on M&A and projects with a focus on the EMI sector.
Mr. Chung's practice focuses on cross-border M&A transactions with a specialization on investments by Korean companies in the energy and social infrastructure sectors. In addition to the traditional M&A and international joint ventures, Mr. Chung has considerable experience in LNG sale and purchase agreements and has a deep understanding of entire LNG value chain.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised SK E&S on its co-investment with SK Holdings into Plug Power (NASDAQ: PLUG).
- Advised SK E&S on its sale of interests in Paju Energy Service to Electricity Generating Public Company Limited.
- Advised SK E&S on its acquisition of 25% interest in Darwin LNG and Bayu-Undan from Santos Limited.
- Advised SK Networks on its divesture and sale of certain steel mill assets in its Turkish joint venture.
- Advised Hyundai Motor Company on its strategic partnership and acquisition of a passenger vehicle assembly plant from Thanh Cong Group.
- Advised CJ E&M on its acquisition of a controlling interest in a Swedish media company, Eccho Rights.
- Advised Samsung Electronics on its acquisition of a mobile data saving software and other assets from Opera Software A.S.
- Advised Boryeong LNG Terminal in relation to its terminal use agreements with users its LNG receiving facilities in Boryeong, Korea.
- Advised an Indonesia subsidiary of a Korean company on its joint venture for the potential development of a floating storage regasification unit (FSRU) in Indonesia.
- Advised various Korean power generation companies on their international invitation to bid and related LNG sale and purchase agreements.
- Advised various Korean and international companies (as buyers and sellers) on short-term and long-term LNG sale and purchase agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- Law Society of New South Wales, Australia
- Korean Bar Association (Foreign Legal Consultant)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2019)
- Hong Kong (2013)
- New South Wales~Australia (2012)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (2011)
- College of Law (Grad DipLP) (2010)
- University of New South Wales (LL.B. and B.Com. with first class honours) (2009)
- Hong Kong
Baker & McKenzie LLP Foreign Legal Consultant Office is a branch of Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Illinois LLP (which is a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein)