Xinxing Chen is a registered foreign lawyer in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm's Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group.
Xinxing represents private equity and strategic clients in mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, private equity funds minority or control deals, leveraged buyouts and other cross-border transactions, including transactions involving businesses in China or other Chinese elements. She also advises on corporate governance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Warburg Pincus on a number of co-investment deals with its existing limited partners and/or new investors regarding various Warburg Pincus portfolios in China and other Asia Pacific areas, including with respect to Warburg Pincus' investment in the USD 8.7 billion take-private of 58.com (NYSE: WUBA), China's largest online classifieds marketplace.
- Advised Cartesian Capital Group on an investment by Tencent Holdings Ltd. in Cartesian's portfolio company, Tim Hortons China, a joint venture with the Canada-based restaurant chain.
- Advised KKR on its investment in Joulon, an integrated platform based in Dubai providing asset management services to the oil and gas industry globally, and a series of add-on acquisitions made by Joulon in its expansion.
- Advised Bain Capital on:
- its acquisition of Xiamen Qinhuai Technology Company Limited (Chindata), a leading operator of hyperscale data centers in China, from Wangsu Science & Technology Co. Ltd., as well as on the combination of Chindata with Bain Capital's existing Bridge Data Centres platform.
- the USD 150 million funding led by Baidu and Sunshine Capital, an investment unit of Sunshine Insurance Group, to Lionbridge, a Chinese commercial vehicle leasing business controlled by Bain Capital Private Equity.
- Advised Carlyle Group, CITIC Limited and CITIC Capital Holdings on the USD 2.08 billion acquisition of the McDonald's operations in China and Hong Kong and negotiation of a 20-year master franchise agreement, the largest McDonald's franchise in the world.
- Advised Hillhouse on its growth investment in a Chinese enterprise software and social network service provider.
- Advised Snow Lake Capital on its multiple private equity growth investments to portfolios in China.
- Advised China-based Zhejiang Hailiang Co. Ltd. on its acquisition of the Asian operations of Luvata's Tubes Division, a leading supplier of solutions for the HVACR industry, as well as PC cooling and other technologies.
- Advised the special committee of the board of directors of NASDAQ-listed Yintech Investment Holding Limited in connection with its acquisition by a consortium led by Mr. Wenbin Chen, Mr. Ming Yan, and Ms. Ningfeng Chen, its co-founders, in a "going private" transaction.
- Advised Arrail Dental, a Chinese private dental service provider, on its multiple rounds of equity financing transactions, including its USD 90 million Series D round funding from Goldman Sachs and Hillhouse Capital Group.
- New York (2012)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M.) (2011)
- Fudan University (LL.M. in International Law) (2010)
- Fudan University (B.A. in English Language and Literature) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.