Edmond Chan works on real estate law matters, particularly in relation to property investment and development. A graduate of the University of Hong Kong, Edmond is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong and England and Wales.
Edmond helps clients structure, document and negotiate joint ventures for the acquisition or development of real property in China, Macau, Hong Kong and investment deals in the region. He likewise counsels clients on land grant matters, and assists in obtaining the government’s consent to sale of uncompleted projects in Hong Kong. Edmond also acts for developers in building management matters, including obtaining approval to deeds of mutual covenants and project sales. His clients include major developers, real estate investors, property funds and statutory bodies.
Representative Legal Matters
Property Related Joint Ventures (China, Hong Kong, Macau and the region)
- Acting for one of the co-developers of the AIG Tower (Central, Hong Kong) in the documentation and negotiation of the joint venture for the acquisition and development of AIG Tower.
- Acting for a major US investment bank in the documentation and negotiation of joint ventures for various development projects in major cities in China.
Property Development (Hong Kong)
- Advising a blue chip Hong Kong developer on the Joint Venture Agreement relating to the joint development of a residential project above a MTR Station.
- Acting for the Urban Renewal Authority in a strategic partnership agreement between the Urban Renewal Authority and another housing related statutory body and handling the documentation.
Hong Kong Land Grant related experience
- Reviewing and negotiating the land grants for Container Terminal 9.
- Reviewing and negotiating the land grant for Disney Theme Park.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1994)
- Hong Kong (1991)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (1989)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B.) (1988)