Luis Canelo joined Baker McKenzie in 2015. He focuses his practice in the field of corporate taxation, with experience in tax planning, restructurings and wealth management. Luis has lectured in university and business conferences and has contributed to specialized publications.
Luis advises clients on general and transactional tax planning, as well as day-to-day tax advice to Spanish and multinational companies. He pays particular attention to the tax planning of cross-border investments, corporate restructuring processes and tax issues arising from mergers and acquisitions. Also covers wealth management and tax planning for family businesses.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided tax advice on the reorganization of a multinational music publishing group.
- Provided tax advice on the acquisition of real-estate investments in Spain for a leading global real estate and investment management firm.
- Madrid~Spain (2012)
- IE Law School, Madrid (LL.M. Master on tax advice to corporations) (2013)
- University Autonoma de Madrid (Law Degree) (2011)
- University Autonoma de Madrid (Business Administration) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.