Thinawat Bukhamana joined Baker McKenzie in 1989 after working as a legal analyst for the merchant banking division of Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited. He became a partner in 1995, and currently heads the Bangkok office’s Banking & Finance Practice Group. In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Bukhamana serves as a visiting lecturer at Bangkok’s Chulalongkorn University.
Mr. Bukhamana’s practice focuses primarily on derivatives work, as well as project finance and debt restructuring. Throughout his career with the Firm, he has been recognized for advising local and multinational companies on project and corporate financing, banking and finance regulations, loans —including bilateral and syndicated loans — as well as derivatives and financial products.
- Leading Lawyer, Banking, Financial restructuring, Project finance, IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate guide, 2016 – 2017
- Leading Individual, Banking and finance, Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2009 - 2010, 2012 – 2017
- Band 1, Banking & Finance, Chambers Global, 2010 – 2016
- Band 1, Banking & Finance, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2010 – 2015
- Leading lawyer, Financial and corporate, IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms, 2010 – 2015
- Recommended, Banking and Finance, PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook, 2009 - 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thai Bar Association
- Thailand (1985)
- Southern Methodist University (LL.M.) (1989)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B.) (1985)
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.