Massimiliano (Max) Biolchini joined Baker McKenzie in January 1999. He became a local partner in the Milan office in 2004 and was elected partner in 2011. He advises clients on all aspects of labor and employment law. He regularly contributes to the employment section of the prestigious Italian business newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore.
Mr. Biolchini’s practice covers general employment advice as well as employment litigation, labor relations with trade unions, restructuring and collective dismissals, commercial agency law and related litigation. He works with clients from all main industry sectors, with particular regard to the fashion and retail, chemical and pharmaceutical, automotive, financial, IT and TV entertainment industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for domestic and foreign-based multinational organizations in all legal issues concerning their set-up, day-to-day HR management as well as in complex special projects, including reorganization and restructuring plans, transfers and spin-offs, industrial relations and complex labor disputes.
- Advised a major multinational IT company in the local integration process following the acquisition of a competitor resulting in a combined workforce in excess of 1,200 employees in various sites throughout Italy.
- Assisted a multinational US healthcare company in a major employment dispute worth in excess of USD3 million relating to the termination of a top VP executive at regional level.
- Assisted a major US TV company in all employment aspects related to a merger project.
- Advised a major fashion retail US group in all employment aspects concerning the set-up of the company’s Italian operations.
- Italy (1995)
- University of Turin (J.D. cum laude) (1992)
Contributor, "The Global Employer: Focus on Italy," 2016
Co-author, "The Global Employer: Focus on Trade Unions and Works Councils," 2015
Co-author, "Employment Law Client Strategies in Europe," 2012