Massimiliano (Max) Biolchini heads the Employment practice of Baker McKenzie Italy and is a member of the steering committee of the EMEA practice group. He joined Baker McKenzie in January 1999. He became local partner in the Milan office in 2004 and partner in 2011.
His practice spans all areas of labor and employment advice, commercial agency and employment litigation.
Massimiliano Biolchini’s main areas of practice include general employment advice as well as pension and benefits, employment litigation, labor relations with trade unions, restructuring and collective dismissals, commercial agency law and related litigation. His practice covers all main industry sectors, with particular focus on fashion and retail, chemical and pharmaceutical, automotive, financial, IT and TV entertainment industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for domestic companies and foreign-based multinational organizations with regard to all legal issues concerning their set-up, day-to-day HR management as well as in complex special projects (including reorganization and restructuring plans, transfers and spin-offs, industrial relations and complex labor disputes).
- Advised a major multinational IT company in the local integration process following the acquisition of a competitor resulting in a combined workforce in excess of 1,200 employees in various sites throughout Italy.
- Assisted a multinational US healthcare company in a major employment dispute worth in excess of USD 3 million relating to the termination of a top VP executive at regional level.
- Assisted a major US retail company in a complex restructuring and downsizing project across Italy.
- Advising a major fashion retail group in all employment aspects concerning the company’s Italian operations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Milan Bar Association - Member
- AGI (Italian Association of Experts in Labor Law) - Member
- Italy (1995)
- University of Turin (J.D. cum laude) (1992)
Massimiliano Biolchini regularly contributes articles to “The Global Employer” published by Baker McKenzie worldwide and to other Firm’s publications, including “The Global Employer: Focus on Italy”, the “Worldwide Guide to Termination” and “Worldwide Guide to Trade Unions and Works Councils”.
He regularly contributes to the employment section of "Il Sole 24 Ore", the major business newspaper in Italy.
He regularly participates as speaker to conferences, seminars and media interviews.