Baker & McKenzie LLP
Not admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction
Mounia Benabdallah is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s International Tax Practice Group. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2006 and has practiced in the Firm’s offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and New York. As an attorney at law she is admitted to the Netherlands Bar. Mounia is repeatedly recognized as leading advisor in ITR’s Women in Tax Leaders guide. Because of her strong US focus, Mounia is based in New York and member of the Global Reorganizations Practice Group. Mounia mainly advises US multinationals on the interplay between US international tax law, European tax law and Netherlands tax law in global restructuring projects, with a strong focus on global (OECD BEPS) and European tax policy developments.
Mounia's practice focuses on international tax advice for M&A and corporate restructuring, as well as the implementation of acquisition structures and post-acquisition integration projects. She also advises on the implementation of financing and licensing structures and supply chain restructurings, as well as (European) tax policy matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Amsterdam Bar Association (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten)
- Dutch Association of Tax Advisers (NOB)
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2007)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (LL.M.) (2006)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (2005)
- Co-author, "International: OECD publishes the long-awaited commentary to model GloBE rules while the EU struggles to reach unanimity on its implementing directive," InsightPlus, 15 March 2022
- Co-author, "International: Pillar One - Draft model rules for Tax Base Determinations published," InsightPlus, 23 February 2022
- Co-author, "International: Pillar One - Draft model rules for Nexus and Revenue Sourcing published," InsightPlus, 10 February 2022
- Co-author, "International Tax: Pillar Two - EU Directive," InsightPlus, 4 January 2022
- Co-author, "ATAD3: 'Unshelling the European Union'," InsightPlus, 23 December 2021
- Co-author, "International Tax: Pillar Two - Model Global Minimum Tax Regime Revealed," InsightPlus, 22 December 2021
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.