Libor Basl leads the Banking & Finance Practice Group in the Prague office. He is recommended as a leading finance lawyer in the Czech Republic by IFLR 1000. Mr. Basl advises on a broad range of acquisition, securities and capital market transactions.
Mr. Basl routinely focuses on privatizations and tax-driven post-acquisition restructuring, including squeeze-outs, mergers and sales of enterprise. He also assists clients in complex banking and finance matters, including the drafting and negotiation of loan and security documentation. Mr. Basl provides sound counsel on divestments of non-performing and under-performing assets.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a consortium of banks on EUR 135m asset financing of New World Resources.
- Advised Ceskoslovenska obchodni banka, a.s. and UniCredit Bank Czech Republic, a.s. on CZK1.2bln financing of acquisition of Elektrizace zeleznic, a.s.
- Advised Ceskoslovenska obchodni banka, a.s. and Citibank, a.s. (each providing 50% financing for this transaction) in connection with acquisition financing of Window Holding Czech, a.s. for the purposes of acquisition of Vekra spol. s.r.o., including refinancing of Otherm s.r.o. and refinancing of Vekra spol. s.r.o. and other related banking law advice with the aggregate value of the transaction approx EUR 70m.
- Advised AIM Group in relation to the bidding process, due diligence, drafting, negotiation and closing of EUR135 million financing of indirect acquisition of administrative building in Prague.
- Represented HVB in connection with CZK 4.8 billion financing of acquisitions of Severomoravske vodovody a kanalizace Ostrava AS (SmVAK) - a water utility by FCC of Spain.
- Advised Meadow Hill / Blue River in the Czech Republic in relation to the CZK 1.3 billion financing of acquisition of a majority stake in Tatra, a.s., the largest heavy truck manufacturer in the Czech Republic.
- Czech Republic (2001)
- Masaryk University Brno (J.D.) (2000)
- Warwick University (LL.M.) (2000)
- Masaryk University Brno (Mgr.) (1998)