Christopher M. Bartoli provides advice on corporate and securities matters to clients in various industries including technology, healthcare, energy, real estate, manufacturing, travel and consumer products. He serves on the Firm's Global Capital Markets Steering Committee and is a member of the American Bar Association's Task Force on Public Company Acquisitions, the Executives' Club of Chicago, the Illinois Bar Association and the New Jersey Bar Association.
Chris counsels NYSE and NASDAQ-listed companies, foreign private issuers and their boards of directors on offerings of debt and equity securities, proxy contests, negotiated and contested mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances. He also regularly advises public companies and their Boards of Directors on SEC reporting and disclosure obligations and corporate governance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an NYSE-listed company in numerous public and private equity and debt offerings, raising several billion dollars of capital.
- Represented NYSE-listed and NASDAQ-listed companies in multijurisdictional stock option exchange offers.
- Represented a NASDAQ-listed company in the energy industry in a USD 375 million underwritten public offering of common stock.
- Represented a foreign private issuer in the metal recycling industry in a USD 400 million equity offering.
- Represented a NYSE-listed manufacturing company in a USD 734 million acquisition of a NYSE-listed manufacturing company.
- Represented a NASDAQ-listed company in the Internet search industry in a USD 175 million multijurisdictional acquisition.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Business Law Section
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Executives' Club of Chicago
- Illinois~United States (2000)
- New Jersey~United States (1996)
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D.) (1996)
- University of Notre Dame (B.S. Mechanical Engineering) (1993)
Co-author, "SEC Adopts Final Rules to Modernize Regulation S-K Disclosure", Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, September 2020