Marta Banaś-Klimkiewicz is an attorney at law and associate in the Warsaw office’s Antitrust & Competition practice. Her main areas of practice include merger control, antitrust, consumer protection and state aid cases. She has represented clients from various sectors including the media, aviation, renewables and many others in numerous proceedings before the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection, the European Commission and others.
Marta focuses her practice on merger control, antitrust, consumer protection and state aid cases. She has extensive experience in dealing with mergers, including multi-jurisdictional mergers, and representing related companies before the European Commission as well. Marta also advises clients on consumer protection issues, including consumers sales, communication with consumers and general standard terms used in relation with consumers. Furthermore, Marta represents clients in state aid cases, including applying for state aid with respect to the largest investments in Poland.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a large Polish company on merger control issues associated with the development of an offshore wind towers plant, including, in particular, the merger control proceedings before the European Commission.
- Represented a multinational aerospace manufacturer and leading manufacturer of simulation technologies in a series of merger control proceedings before the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection and also coordinated merger control work with several other jurisdictions involved in establishing joint ventures that will provide flight training services for several aircraft.
- Advised a leading Polish retailer of home appliances, Tech and TVs in Phase II merger control proceedings before the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection and in various antitrust aspects.
- Represented a multinational electronic company in proceedings regarding an alleged infringement of consumer interests in relation to e-commerce purchases through its the website.
- Advised a multinational mass media and entertainment company on entering the Polish market to offer a streaming platform.
- Advised a multinational electronic company on competition law risks concerning a new distribution model.
- Advised a multinational manufacturer of grills with respect to various state aid matters, including applying for available state aid incentives in Poland for the first manufacturing plant in Europe.
- Represented a global medical device company with respect to various state aid matters, including applying for available state aid incentives in Poland for the first manufacturing plant in Europe.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar Association (OIRP)
- Polish Competition Law Association
- Poland (2021)
- Warsaw University (Law) (2016)
Baker McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Spółka Komandytowa