Małgorzata Bakuła is a counsel in Baker McKenzie's Warsaw office, where she advises banks and financial institutions on regulatory and corporate issues. Prior to joining the Firm, she practiced in the banking and finance team of a leading law firm in Poland for nine years.
Ms. Bakuła's practice covers banking law regulations, investment funds and trading in financial instruments. She has significant experience representing clients in a range of cross-border financial transactions, including long-term credit facility agreements, credit facilities from international financial organizations, and LMA-based facilities. She regularly advises on bond and municipal bonds issues, as well as public M&A matters, such as cross-border mergers, and the reconstructing and demerger of companies. Ms. Bakuła also works on cash management transactions, and has broad experience in public offerings, introduction of shares into the market, tender offer bids and de-listing.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised GDDKiA in connection with the AWSA refinancing.
- Advised Orange Polska in connection with group and intercompany refinancing.
- Advised BGK in connection with the refinancing of a local municipal entity.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- District Chamber of Legal Advisers in Warsaw - Member
- Poland (2012)
- Warsaw School of Economics (Faculty of Banking and Finance) (2007)
- University of Warsaw (Faculty of Law) (2005)