Pisut Attakamol, an active member of the Dispute Resolution Practice Group, joined Baker McKenzie in 1995 and became a partner in 2007. He handles various types of complex commercial disputes — including those relating to employment and telecommunications matters — and handles litigations before the Administrative Court.
Mr. Attakamol advises multinational companies and major local business entities on a wide range of matters, and represents clients in bankruptcy and business reorganization proceedings. His successful track record includes acting as legal counsel to the Thai government in the revision of the new Bankruptcy Act, which incorporates the concept of business reorganization.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as counsel for the plan administrator of a major Thai petrochemical company in a series of hostile litigation cases against former executives.
- Represented a leading international fast food business operator in defending a case concerning product liability and personal injury to a customer.
- Acted as key adviser to a global software giant on labour law issues, pertaining to an acquisition project in Thailand requiring the transfer of more than 100 employees.
- Represented local and international companies in successfully defending employment disputes in the Thai labour courts.
- Represented a major US turbine manufacturing company in defending a multi-million dollar claim in a Thai court due to turbine failure.
- Assisted a telecom service operator in acquiring a court injunction against one of the largest mobile service operators in Thailand to restrain the blockage of call traffic.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (1995)
- University of London (LL.M.) (2001)
- Cambridge University (B.A. Law Honors) (2000)
- Thammasat University (LL.B.) (1995)
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.