Pisut joined Baker McKenzie in 1995, after having worked as a local summer clerk the year prior. In 1998, he was granted a prestigious scholarship from His Majesty the King of Thailand to pursue further studies in the United Kingdom. He obtained his second law degree from the University of Cambridge, then went on to receive a master's degree in corporate and commercial law from the University of London. He rejoined Baker McKenzie in 2001 and became a partner in 2007.
Pisut has acted as counsel and legal advisor for a number of multinational companies and major local business entities and has profound experience representing different parties both in Thai courts and arbitrations under the rules of TAI, ICC, and SIAC.
In May 2019, Pisut honorably received enlistment in the Panel of Arbitrators of the Thailand Arbitration Center (THAC) to administer dispute resolution through arbitration by applying his wealth of knowledge. In 2020, he was appointed co-president of the Young Thailand Arbitration Center (YTHAC), a platform to bring together innovative ideas and contributions for the development of arbitration in Thailand.
Representative Legal Matters
- Defended a laboratory instrument manufacturer in labour proceedings in regard to the company's policy and regulations on pay, sales rewards, bonus, and provident fund.
- Represented a global automobile manufacturer with respect to several cases including arbitration proceedings against its former dealers to seek compensation arising out of disputes with regard to dealer agreements, storage expenses, and unsold vehicles and in court proceedings on grounds of wrongful acts and violation of trade secrets.
- Acted for a leading rubber manufacturer in defending allegations of breach of a Lump Sum Turnkey Agreement for construction of a sizable plant project, copyright infringement, and criminal claims.
- Represented a Japanese manufacturer of trucks and buses as the respondent in an ICC arbitration claim seated in Bangkok, Thailand, in which the claimants sought damages arising out of an alleged breach of an Asset Purchase Agreement. The claimants have asserted that the respondent deprived the claimant of the plant and assets purchased for a minimum period based on an alleged verbal promise.
- Represented a Japanese conglomerate finance group in lodging a civil claim and a business reorganization petition in connection with the return of convertible debentures by the borrower after its auditor identified fraud within the company in relation to falsified financial statements.
- Advised and represented a leading national oil company in a civil lawsuit against a former executive of a subsidiary of the client's group of companies, in recovery of damages (over 220 million USD) arising from fraud and breach of director's fiduciary duties.
- Represented a leading international fast food business operator in defending a litigation case concerning product liability and personal injury to a consumer.
- Advised and represented a Japanese subsidiary of a leading German automotive company in a series of lawsuits/arbitration proceedings (criminal, civil and ICC arbitration seated in Bangkok, Thailand) against group of companies relating to disputes arising from termination of business relationship between principle and distributors.
- Advised a global luxury goods and jewelry corporation on employment aspects such as reviewing preliminary evidence of potential misconducts and criminal offences.
- Band 3 Individual Ranking in Dispute Resolution, Chambers Asia-Pacific, 2021-2022
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young Thailand Arbitration Center (YTHAC) - Co-president
- Panel of Arbitrators of the Thailand Arbitration Center (THAC)
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thai Bar Association
- Thailand (1996)
- University of London (LL.M.) (2001)
- Cambridge University (B.A. Law, Honors) (2000)
- Thammasat University (LL.B., with honors) (1995)
- Speaker, Future of Disputes Asia Pacific: Gearing Up for What's Ahead, May 2022
- Speaker, Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) Academy's virtual course: Enforcement of Arbitral Awards in Asia: Theory & Practice - Part 9: Thailand and Vietnam, October 2021
- Speaker, Thailand Arbitration Center (THAC)'s International ADR Webinar Series: The Interplay between Insolvency Proceedings and International Arbitration, September 2021
- Panelist, SIAC Indochina Academy - Time and Cost Savers at SIAC: Emergency Arbitration, Expedited Procedure and Early Dismissal, October 2020
- Speaker, Bracing for COVID-19: Preparing for Legal Impacts, March 2020
- Speaker, Preparing for 2020: Staying on top of the Legal Landscape, January 2020
- Moderator, SIAC-THAC Bangkok Conference 2019: Effective Management of International Arbitration Proceedings in Thailand and Singapore, October 2019
- Speaker, The Emerging Risk of Class Action and Effect on Business, May 2019
- Visiting Lecturer, Thai Labour Law LL.B. International Program, Faculty of Law, Thammasat University
- Author, "Amendments to the Thai Arbitration Act with respect to Foreign Arbitrators," Bharati Vidyapeeth New Law College, Pune, September 2021
- Author, "Litigate or arbitrate? Flexibilities for foreign disputes in Thailand," Japan Outbound Investment Guide 2021, Asia Business Law Journal, April 2021
Firm Committee Memberships
- Dispute Resolution and International Arbitration Steering Committee