Jared is a partner in Quisumbing Torres' Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He heads the Firm's Transportation and Logistics Industry Group Subsector. Jared has 10 years of litigation experience, with a particular focus on criminal litigation and arbitration.
He is one of a handful of Philippine Fellows of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb) and the Philippine Institute of Arbitrators (FPIArb). He is an accredited arbitrator of the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center Inc. (PDRCI) and an accredited arbitrator and mediator of the Philippine Wholesale Electricity Spot Market (WESM). Jared sat as an arbitrator in the first WESM arbitrations in the Philippines, and has acted as counsel in ad hoc and institutional arbitrations.
He conducts MCLE lectures on commercial arbitration, and has co-authored a book on the matter. He currently teaches Civil Procedure and Sales Law at the Far Eastern University Institute of Law. He is also a supervising lawyer at the Ateneo Legal Services Center, where he oversees students in handling pro bono cases.
Jared studied at the Ateneo Law School (2010) where he received the Dean's Silver Medal for his J.D. thesis on foreign arbitral awards. He served as president of the Ateneo Society of International Law and was part of teams that represented the Philippines and won in moot court competitions in Florida (1st runner-up; 2007 Stetson International Environmental Law Moot Court Competition) and Japan (1st; 2008 Asia Cup International Law Moot Court Competition).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Philippine Institute of Arbitrators (PIArb) - Fellow, Trustee, and Senior Vice-President for Advocacies (2018-present)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) (East Asia Branch) - Fellow
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Makati Chapter - Officer, Legal Education Committee (2019-present)
- Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc. (PDRCI) - Accredited Arbitrator
- Wholesale Electricity Spot Market (WESM) - Accredited Arbitrator
- International Bar Association (IBA) - Criminal Law Committee - Member
- Ateneo Legal Services Center - Supervising Lawyer
- Far Eastern University Institute of Law - Lecturer
- International Arbitration Associates Forum - Country Representative (2019-present)
- Philippines (2011)
- Ateneo de Manila University (J.D.) (2010)
- Ateneo de Manila University (A.B. Economics) (2006)
- Co-author, "Updated Guidelines on Court Operations, Hearings through Videoconference, and Periods for Filing of Pleadings and Other Submissions for ALL courts nationwide", Quisumbing Torres Client Alert, 29 May 2020
- Co-author, "Updated Guidelines on Court Operations, Hearings through Videoconference, and Periods for Filing of Pleadings and Other Submissions for Areas under MECQ and GCQ", Quisumbing Torres Client Alert, 27 May 2020
- Co-author, "Supreme Court Extends Suspension of Court Operations and Periods for Filing of Pleadings and Other Submissions", Quisumbing Torres Client Alert, April 2020
- Co-author, "Modified Procedures for Inquest, Posting of Bail, and Filing of Criminal Cases in Court", Quisumbing Torres Client Alert, April 2020
- Co-author, "COVID-19 and Force Majeure: Managing Contract Crisis in the Philippines", Quisumbing Torres Client Alert, March 2020