Dranyl Jared Amoroso is a senior associate in Quisumbing Torres' Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He currently heads the Firm's Transportation and Logistics Industry Group Subsector.
He is one of five Fellows of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in the Philippines, and sat as an arbitrator in the first arbitrations of the Philippine Wholesale Electricity Sport Market (WESM). He is a trustee and the senior vice president for Advocacies of the Philippine Institute of Arbitrators (PIArb). He is a WESM-accredited arbitrator and mediator, and a trained arbitrator of the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center Inc. (PDRCI).
Jared is also an experienced criminal litigator. He has successfully represented clients before courts and law enforcement agencies, by securing convictions as private prosecutor, and acquittals as defense counsel.
Aside from his work, Jared conducts MCLE lectures on Commercial Arbitration, and has co-authored a book on the matter. He currently teaches Sales Law at the Far Eastern University Institute of Law, and is a supervising lawyer at the Ateneo Legal Services Center, where he oversees students in handling pro bono cases.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Philippine Institute of Arbitrators (PIArb) - Fellow, Trustee, and Senior Vice-President for Advocacies (2018-present)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) (East Asia Branch) - Fellow
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Makati Chapter - Officer, Legal Education Committee (2019-present)
- Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc. (PDRCI) - Accredited Arbitrator
- Wholesale Electricity Spot Market (WESM) - Accredited Arbitrator
- International Bar Association (IBA) - Criminal Law Committee - Member
- Ateneo Legal Services Center - Supervising Lawyer
- Far Eastern University Institute of Law - Lecturer
- International Arbitration Associates Forum - Country Representative (2019-present)
- Philippines (2011)
- Ateneo de Manila University (J.D.) (2010)
- Ateneo de Manila University (A.B. Economics) (2006)
- Co-author, "Updated Guidelines on Court Operations, Hearings through Videoconference, and Periods for Filing of Pleadings and Other Submissions for ALL courts nationwide", Quisumbing Torres Client Alert, 29 May 2020
- Co-author, "Updated Guidelines on Court Operations, Hearings through Videoconference, and Periods for Filing of Pleadings and Other Submissions for Areas under MECQ and GCQ", Quisumbing Torres Client Alert, 27 May 2020
- Co-author, "Supreme Court Extends Suspension of Court Operations and Periods for Filing of Pleadings and Other Submissions", Quisumbing Torres Client Alert, April 2020
- Co-author, "Modified Procedures for Inquest, Posting of Bail, and Filing of Criminal Cases in Court", Quisumbing Torres Client Alert, April 2020
- Co-author, "COVID-19 and Force Majeure: Managing Contract Crisis in the Philippines", Quisumbing Torres Client Alert, March 2020