Kuben Abzhanov is an Associate at the Almaty office of Baker McKenzie. He specializes in employment, dispute resolution and corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a major pharmaceutical company in connection with internal investigations of its employees
- Advising a leading international steel producer on issues pertaining to mass redundancy and cutting of employment costs
- Advising a large international airline company, on various employment matters related to transfer of employees
- Advising leading pharmaceutical company on various employment matters (personnel hiring, drafting employment contracts, obtaining work permits for foreign employees, changing work conditions of employees, etc.
- Advising a major steel production on transfer of large number of employees in connection with a spin off
- Representing a leading pharmaceutical & healthcare company in a dispute with the former head of the representative office in Almaty
- Representing a leading pharmaceutical & healthcare company in a dispute with the former HR director
- Representing a leading oil service company in a dispute with a group of employees in connection with court claims of USD 1,000,000 approximately
- Representing a leading software company in a dispute regarding reinstatement claim of its ex-employee
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kazakhstan Bar Association
- Kazakhstan~Kazakhstan (2009)
- Academy of Jurisprudence "Adilet" (B. Juris) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein