Malak Abou Senna is an associate at Helmy, Hamza & Partners, Baker McKenzie Cairo. She specializes in commercial and corporate law, with a particular focus on legal matters surrounding capital markets. Malak has advised clients working in different sectors on various issues relating to compliance with the applicable laws . These sectors include, among others, pharmaceutical, undermining services, aviation, consumer goods, catering and technology.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a healthcare solutions company on the acquisition of a medical devices firm.
- Acting for a Saudi company in connection with its proposed acquisition of a food delivery online platform in Egypt.
- Acting for a sovereign fund in connection with its investment in four leading Egyptian companies listed on the Egyptian Stock Exchange, at a value of USD 1.3 billion.
- Acted for Banque Misr in establishing the first REIT in Egypt, Egyptian Real Estate Fund (I) (Fund), that aims at investing in an income-generating portfolio of commercial real estate such as shopping malls, office buildings, medical and educational centers within Greater Cairo. We have also represented the fund and its management company in its first private placement issuance, which was fully subscribed for by Banque Misr, Banque du Caire, Misr Insurance Holding Company (MIHC) and Allianz Insurance. This showcases the capabilities of the team to set precedent in the Egyptian market.
- Assisted a global, research and development-driven pharmaceutical company in international restructuring.
- Acting for a company carrying out activities in the agriculture sector, in connection with the initial public offering (IPO) and listing of the company's shares on the Egyptian Exchange (EGX).
- Acted as issuer's local counsel for an Egyptian petrochemicals company, in connection with the issuance of corporate bonds.
- Advised CI Capital as the underwriter's counsel in connection with the listing of some of the shares of Engineering for the Petroleum & Process Industries (ENPPI) on the Egyptian Stock Exchange and GDRs on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised Banque du Caire, as the issuer's counsel, on the listing of 20% of its shares on the Egyptian Stock Exchange and 10% of its shares as GDRs on the London Stock Exchange to attract foreign investors.
- Assisted in the process of the private placement of Hassan Allam's shares, mainly by conducting necessary legal due diligence for all companies thereof.
- Egypt (2023)
- University of Cairo (LL.B.) (2023)
- American University in Cairo (Bachelor in Business Administration, concentration in finance and minor in psychology) (2017)
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.