With extensive experience in cross-border transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A), private equity investments and cross-border securities offerings, Wen-Yen advises several leading investment banks on the structuring of various M&A transactions.
Área de especialización
Asuntos legales representativos
M&A and Direct Investment
- Represented Taiwan electronics manufacturer Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd., trading as Foxconn Technology Group, in its landmark USD 3.46 billion investment in Sharp Corporation, the first acquisition by a foreign company of a major Japanese consumer electronics manufacturer.
- Represented GE Capital in its acquisition of the shares of Cosmos Bank and the right to purchase from China Development Industrial Bank the convertible bonds issued by Cosmos Bank in the aggregate amount of USD 286 million.
- Represented GE Capital in its capital injection into Cosmos Bank in form of common shares, preferred shares and convertible bonds by way of private placement.
- European Convertible Bonds: UMC; Sampo; MTI; Pacific Cable; Mosel; Siliconware Precision; China Steel; Foxconn; Taishin Bank; Chung Hwa Telecom; Chi Mei Optoelectronics; Chi Mei Corporation; Wan Hai Lines Corp.; China Development Financial Holding Corp.; Fubon Financial Holding Co.; Mega Financial Holding Company; First Financial Holding Company; Shing Kong Financial Holding; Chiao Tung Bank; E.Sun Financial Holding Company; Himax.
- Tung Long Metals; Kunnan; National Automobile; Chuntex; Ensure Co., Ltd.; Master Home Furniture Co., Ltd.; New Sun Metal Industry Co., Ltd.; LITE VISION Corporation; Sun Splendor Co., Ltd.
- UMC, Taiwan High Speed Railway, Chi Mei Optoelectronics.
Non-Performing Loan and Transactions
- Chiao Tung Bank; United World Chinese Commercial Bank.
- Representing banks and listing companies in disputes involving derivatives; ISDA and Schedules review and negotiation; listing of warrants.
Build-Operate-Transfer & Construction
- Taipei Mass Rapid Transit System; Taiwan High Speed Railway; Taipei Financial Center; Westin Hotel.
- Named Eminent Practitioner by Chambers Asia-Pacific (2022)
- Named Recommended Lawyer The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2022)
- Named Leading Lawyer – Highly Regarded by IFLR1000 (2021)
- Named M&A Team of the Year and M&A Deal of the Year for the landmark Foxconn takeover of Sharp Corporation by International Financial Law Review (2017)
- Strategic Pillars Award (Clients, People) at the annual Baker McKenzie Asia Pacific Advance Awards (2017)
- Taipei Bar Association.
- Turnaround Management Association of Taiwan - Director
- Harvard Alumni Club -Director
- Taipei~Taiwan (2001)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.B.A.) (2001)
- New York University (Maestría en Derecho) (1994)
- Harvard Law School (Maestría en Derecho) (1991)
- National Taiwan University (Licenciatura en Derecho) (1985)