Carl Svernlöv — listed as a highly recommended lawyer in several law publications — practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate law and corporate governance. He is an adjunct professor of the law of corporations at Uppsala University and a member of the Scientific Counsel of non-profit Stockholm Centre for Commercial Law. In 2009 he presented an official report commissioned by the Swedish Government (SOU 2009:34) proposing simplifications to the Swedish Companies Act for small and medium-sized companies, many of now have been enacted into law. Prof. Svernlöv is the author of 12 books and over 150 articles on Swedish and international business and commercial law.
Prof. Svernlöv represents clients in the aerospace, airline services, defense, industrial electronics, IT, manufacturing, private equity and telecommunications industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Trimble in its 2015 acquisition of Pocket Mobile AB.
- Represented Symphony in its 2015 divestiture of IBS International Business Systems to Marlin Equity.
- Advised Meltwater on its 2014 takeover offer for Cision AB.
- Advised PostNord AB on the 2013 acquisition of the operating subsidiaries of Bilfrakt Bothnia AB, the leading logistics operator in Northern Scandinavia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Swedish Bar Association
- Sweden (1995)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (1992)
- New York~United States (1991)
- Stockholm University (LL.D.) (2007)
- Stockholm University (Lic. jur.) (1998)
- Harvard University (LL.M.) (1990)
- University of Uppsala (B.A.) (1989)
- University of Uppsala (LL.B.) (1989)
- New York
Baker & McKenzie Advokatbyrå KB is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.