Energy, Mining & Infrastructure
The continuing need for energy and infrastructure assets to be replaced means investment is required on a global scale. Estimates by the International Energy Agency suggest there will be upwards of US$68 trillion invested in the world energy sector from 2015 to 2040. With traditional public funding avenues now insufficient, creativity and innovation is required to help realize the next generation of projects.
These large-scale schemes require cross-border experience and the ability to devise tailored solutions to both domestic and international challenges. Working seamlessly across our 77 offices in 47 countries, we can help clients to structure, acquire, finance and implement projects, and manage their investments, whether in developed, developing or transition countries.
Building on our wealth of experience in this sector - we have been specializing in international energy, mining and infrastructure projects worldwide for more than 65 years – we understand the needs of both investors and financiers. Our transactional capability, coupled with our broad-ranging skills in finance, corporate, tax, and environmental and competition law, means we can deliver commercially effective solutions at every stage of the process.
By combining an uncompromising commitment to excellence with our results-driven outlook, we can deliver high quality local law services in more jurisdictions across the globe than any other law firm. Thanks to our collaborative approach, we can provide the following energy and infrastructure-related legal services:
- Antitrust & Competition – Our lawyers advise you from pre-transaction merger notices and filings with governmental authorities to all aspects of antitrust and competition litigation issues.
- Banking & Finance – Our team can advise on all aspects related to new ways of project, acquisition, Islamic, structured and trade finance, as well as on issues related to financial regulation, funds and securitization.
- Dispute Resolution – Our energy industries team covers all aspects from strategic litigation analysis to litigation services, arbitration counsel and alternative dispute resolution.
- Employment – We can help you in regards to counseling on all aspects of employment law and multi-country employment projects, compensation and benefits, equity compensation, global migration, health & safety, labor relations and trade union/works council issues.
- Environment and Environmental Markets – We have a long-standing commitment to helping companies respond to the risks and opportunities of environmental law and regulation anywhere around the globe.
- Global Financial Restructuring & Insolvency – We analyze the strategic and legal alternatives to offer clear, appropriate solutions to urgent concerns. Our team will help you on all aspects of financial restructuring, insolvency, bankruptcy, litigation, and distressed M&A issues related to energy and infrastructure.
- Intellectual Property – We can help you in all cases related to patent and trademark registration, portfolio management, prosecution and litigation.
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Our lawyers understand your issues ranging from portfolio strategies, private and public M&A, share and asset sales, joint ventures, privatizations, auctions and tender offers, leveraged buyouts, corporate reorganization and refinancing.
- Private Equity – We provide global advice from the establishment and structuring of new funds, to operations, acquisitions and dispositions, to the final exit planning and liquidation.
- Tax – Our team advises you on general tax planning arising from strategic planning, operations, and transactions; compliance; M&A and corporate restructuring tax planning; business integration; divestitures; state and local tax issues; tax controversy and litigation; and transfer pricing strategies.
How We Can Help
James (Jim) P. O'BrienPartner