Howard Wu is the head of the Firm's Asia Pacific Information Technology & Communications Group. He practices mainly in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, covering the information technology and major projects sectors. Chambers Asia Pacific ranks him among the leading lawyers for corporate/M&A as well as technology, media & telecommunications, while IFLR 1000 recommends him for mergers and acquisitions as well as private equity. Mr. Wu graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with a B.A., Columbia University with an M.A. and Fordham University School of Law with a J.D. He is admitted to practice law in California and is a foreign registered lawyer in Hong Kong.
Mr. Wu’s practice focuses on cross-border transactions and foreign investment projects involving the PRC. In particular, his practice covers mergers and acquisitions with a focus on information technology and major projects matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a leading media and entertainment conglomerate on its joint venture to develop the first international theme park in China.
- Acted for Shanghai Electric Group in forming a global strategic alliance/joint venture with Alstom SA in the boiler business.
- Acted for Jinjiang Hotels in forming joint venture acquisition vehicle with Thayer Lodging Group and subsequent acquisition of Interstate Hotels & Resorts (a US-listed company).
- Acting for McCormick & Co. Inc. in various acquisitions in the PRC.
- Acted for Monster Inc. in the acquisition of ChinaHR.com, one of the leading online recruitment companies in China.
- Acted for Danone in a joint venture with WeightWatchers for operating weight loss centres in China.
- Acted for eBay Inc. in the acquisition of Eachnet Inc. a leading e-commerce company in China.
- Acted for eBay Inc in a joint venture with Tom Online in operating an e-commerce site in China.
- Acted for Agilent Technologies on the USD2.66 billion divestiture of its semiconductor products group to private equity investors.
- Acted for Agilent Technologies on its divestiture of its semiconductor testing group and listing of Verigy Ltd.
- California~United States (1998)
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D.) (1998)
- Columbia University (Master of Arts) (1994)
- University of California at Berkeley (B.A.) (1991)
- Hong Kong