Tatiana Garcés-Carvajal leads the Labor Law Department in Baker McKenzie’s Bogotá office and has more than 25 years of experience handling individual and collective labor matters. She joined the Firm in 1992 as an associate in the Labor Department, was named local partner in 2000 and international partner on July 2008. Ms. Garcés-Carvajal previously worked for Álcalis de Colombia where she served as director in charge of the human resources department, legal division chief of the Betania’s office and lawyer on the legal team. Prior, she was chief of the personnel department of AGA Ltda. (Peter Pan) and worked as judicial dependent in a local firm.
Ms. Garcés-Carvajal routinely advises on general labor law, labor procedure, labor agreements, payroll benefits, promotion of collective retirement plans for mass employee terminations, employee transfers and handling of expats, labor matters related to mergers and acquisitions, liquidation of companies, payroll taxes, labor audits, attendance of fiscalization process by Pension and Payroll Tax Management Unit (Uqpp), integral social security and occupational health, immigration matters, labor litigation and handling of administrative procedures before labor and immigration authorities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colombian Employment and Social Security Bar Association - Member
- Javeriana Law School Bar - Member
- Asociación de Gestión Humana Bogotá y Cundinamarca (ACRIP) - Legal Committee
- Asociación Nacional de Empresarios de Colombia (ANDI) - Labor Committee
- Colombia (1988)
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Faculty of Law (Post Graduate Degree Labor Law) (1997)
- University de Los Andes (Post Graduate Degree Commercial Law) (1991)
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Faculty of Law (J.D.) (1988)
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein