Georgina Foster is a partner in Baker & McKenzie's Sydney office and is a member of the Dispute Resolution and the Competition Groups.
As well as having significant experience in large commercial disputes, Georgina's focus is on trade practices and competition law, regularly advising clients on joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, price fixing, exclusionary provisions and exclusive dealing, including in relation to ACCC investigations. Georgina has been recognised for her "expertise in anti-trust, consumer protection and competition disputes" (Chambers Global, 2009).
- Advising clients on section 50 merger clearances and assisting them to obtain ACCC clearance.
- Representing and advising clients in relation to ACCC investigations concerning alleged contraventions of Part IV and Part V of the Trade Practices Act, including responses to section 155 notices.
- Representing and advising clients in relation to the ACCC's Immunity Policy for Cartel Conduct, including in applications for immunity and subsequent dealings with the ACCC.
- Acting for clients in the retailing, telecommunications, fast food and groceries markets in dealings with the ACCC, class actions and reseller disputes.
- Federal Court of Australia~Australia (2003)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2003)
- New South Wales~Australia (1998)
- University of Sydney (LL.B.) (1996)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Economics) (1994)